Home | Reviews | Saddle | ISM

ISM Adamo Peak Saddle

Conquer the mountains. The Peak is the product of hundreds of hours spent on the trail with several different prototypes. We decided on a shape that had a more rounded rear and a graduated slope. We know that trail riding is completely different than road riding. The Peak allows a rider to climb more forward to reduce wheel slippage and ride off the back of the seat for those tricky descents and get back on without catching your shorts! Uses gel and foam padding and cr-mo rails. The sides are reinforced with Kevlar. Available in Black and White. 255mm long and 135mm wide.

Submitted by Osco a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2014

Strengths:    Save the 'Boyz'

Weaknesses:    An underside staple popped out, super glue and a new staple fixed it

Bottom Line:
I have two seasons on this seat and I just moved It to my New full squish.
That's two seasons on a hard tail
And those two seasons were my FIRST two on a mountain bike. I beat that seat hard,
I crashed so many times I lost count.

The seat took about 150 miles to 'break In', get softer. Then the peak was perfect and has
never changed or softened anymore, it has remained the perfect firmness.

I will not ride any other seat, Ever !

Purchased At:   University bike shop

Submitted by David - Canada a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2014

Strengths:    Saves the boys

Weaknesses:    Like the black wished it were solid black without the camouflage on the sides.

Bottom Line:
I contacted ISM directly asking them to recommend an Adamo mountain bike saddle. They provided the Peak and it's softer sister the Prologue.
At first I found the seat quite hard and had wished I went softer but after a month's use I am satisfied with the Peak.
Quality seems reasonable after a couple of months use.
This is one of the best investments I made in cycling.
When riding into the wind I can now bend down to the bars without any discomfort.

Favorite Trail:   Riding Mountain

Purchased At:   Bikes and Beyond Win

Similar Products Used:   Italia "Terry"

Submitted by damenm a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2013

Strengths:    Comfort

Weaknesses:    Quality

Bottom Line:
I use this saddle for everything, minus the bike park. This is the most comfortable saddle I've ridden. I have owned Fizik, WTB, DMR, Serfas, Velo, and many bargain brands. I would recommend this saddle whithout hesitation, however, one needs to understand it is low quality.

The description from ISM says that sides are reinforced by kevlar, which is pretty standard. To my surprise, if there is kevlar on it, its not where the fancy camo pattern is - which is obviously where it is needed - instead cheap plastic. The cover is stapled poorly to the base, and the stitching, started letting go after a half hour ride. Unfortunately, the logos are embossed, when at this price point they should be embroidered, as should the emblems on the side.

But then, there is the comfort.

It takes a slight adaptation to get used to this bad boy, but once thats over there is no other product that I've seen that comes close. ...I don't ride with chamois any more.

Bottom line, it's clearly overpriced from a quality standpoint. Still, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.