Inmotion Vector HFS Saddle Saddle

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Inmotion Vector HFS Saddle

Submitted by Steve Smith a Weekend Warrior from Maryland

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2000

Strengths:    Light weight, good shape (for me)

Bottom Line:
Bought an Inmotion Vector on eBay for a few bucks. Money well spent! I use it on a road bike I use for commuting and foul weather rides. It's very light and comfortable. It would be perfect if the rear were a little harder and more raised away from the center. I'm more than happy for the $15 bucks I spent, though. Nashbar is closing these out for $27 and it's definitely worth that!

Similar Products Used:   WTB SST

Bike Setup:   My commuter road bike

Submitted by Opher Kahn a cross-country rider from Israel

Date Reviewed: October 25, 1998

Bottom Line:

I mail ordered the Galaxy (cheaper version) and lasted only 2 rides before
switching back to my other saddle. The Galaxy was too rounded/high in the center (at least for my backside) and it put pressure on all the wrong places.
A few more rides and the proctologist would come calling :) So its back to
my WTB SST.K, which is a little hard on the sit bones, but doesn't put pressure
on any WRONG points.

Submitted by Mikey a weekend warrior from NYC

Date Reviewed: July 23, 1998

Bottom Line:

I got an Inmotion Galaxy HFS saddle. Same idea only slightly cheaper materials. Steel rails, not titanium, and Lycra seat cover instead of leather. It cost under $30, however. Fairly good relief for a sore rear. Feels like a gel seat without the 10 pounds of blubber floating under you -- has some give, but is firm. Overall, very nice, looks good, and for the price, it's worth a try. It is one of the better Inmotion products.
So...
I give it four shock-absorbing, butt-cuddling, soothing little chilis.

Submitted by A.G. from weekend warrior

Date Reviewed: December 9, 1996

Bottom Line:

After a long ride on my Vetta Trishock that left me in pain for a few days, I decided I had to find a better saddle. I rode a bunch...SDG Comp, Selle Italia Flite, Sella San Marco Squadra, Concor Lite, Bontrager, even the vaunted WTB SST...but none beat an unknown called the InMotion Vector HFS. Check it out at www.inmotion.com. It uses a liquid bladder system, but given that I can't even feel exactly where it is, it's not overdone. It's just done right. I wanted a saddle that would relieve prostate pressure, had a nice comfortable profile, and was fairly light. I found it. This saddle has a depression for prostate relief, and the rear is shaped to conform to the human body. It is slightly wider than many popular saddles. Unlike my Vetta, it does not feel like an overstuffed bean bag. It really fits. Furthermore, unlike the WTB, the rails are long enough to get the saddle pretty far back, and another benefit is that the rear edge is not hard like the SST and many others. So if you like to ride far back, this saddle still works. Finally, it weighs in at 260 grams with titanium rails, though the website says 235. The best part...only $60 at an LBS, which is only a bit more than plain old Vettas. The only drawback...the leather easily scrapes, but never tears like Vettas. It's therefore only a cosmetic blemish. To avoid unneeded scrapes, I use my old Vetta for messing around.
Overall, the greatest saddle I've ever ridden - and thus it deserves the highest rating.