Home | Reviews | Saddle | Funn

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

• Kevlar perimeter reinforcement
  • Durable FX material top
  • 8mm satin cromoly rails
  • FUNN logo and icon embroidery
  • Impact resistant nylon base

Submitted by atomicAdam a Downhiller from Oakland, CA

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2008

Strengths:    comfy, very nice to sit on - slender but with girth in the rear when you need it. 8mm rails - i'm 235lbs and haven't broken these yet. i mainly ride dh - which this saddle would be great for - but i use this on my AM bike and now my commuter bike and SDG i-beam i-fly's on dh and dj bike

Weaknesses:    yeah - cant really think of any

Bottom Line:
totally worth the money - comfy and strong

Favorite Trail:   pac-town

Purchased At:   pricepoint (I think)

Similar Products Used:   nope - all have broken

Bike Setup:   right now this is on my commuter fixed geared surly - it sees about an hr and half riding on it each day.

Submitted by Cannon858 a Weekend Warrior from San Diego

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2008

Strengths:    This is a solid, good looking sturdy seat. Not too fat and not too slender. Dirt wipes off easily. Niiiice color(urban camo)

Weaknesses:    Wouldn't recommend for straight FR/DH use, as it's intented for both(Not a large seat). Not the most comfy

Bottom Line:
I bought the seat to replace my stock WTB, which was creaking something terrible. I was a bit hesitant to purchase online because the sites that it was sold on had intended this saddle for dh/fr use, but it didn't look as big as the others made by FUNN. Also, I didn't want a big honkin seat that was the size of a cinder block since I ride more AM than anything else. Needless to say, I ordered the seat and was very happy when I opened the box. Perfect size and serves it purpose well(also looks fantastic).

Purchased At:   Bluesky

Similar Products Used:   WTB Laser

Bike Setup:   Gemini

Submitted by adam a Downhiller from oakland

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2007

Strengths:    very strong - being a big guy - i broke about 3 saddles till this one - used it for XC and dh - very comfortable for me - 3/4hrs riding.

Weaknesses:    too heavy - i switched to i-beam seat saddle to reduce weight on my bike

Bottom Line:
great seat for any riding - and doesn't break if you are a big guy - and it CAMO yO!

Favorite Trail:   pacifica area

Purchased At:   pricepoint (i think)

Similar Products Used:   non really - i am sure they are out there - but - when you find something that works...work it

Bike Setup:   06 versus trigger / 04 cannondale jekyl

Submitted by Brendan from NY

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2006

Strengths:    strong, crash-proof, amazing looks, comfortable, manages to look brand-new after serious use and abuse, snow camo = hotness, affordable

Weaknesses:    if everyone finds out that this saddle rocks, then i won't feel nearly as cool

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is that I think this saddle is the best out there. I've tried a bunch and have been truly happy with this saddle's preformance over the last 10 months or so. I actually just ordered a second one for my new bike that i'm building!! Won't use any other saddle. Makes my ride look even sicker.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   a bunch of saddles, all that teared/broke or somehow disintergrated after a series of crashes

Bike Setup:   SC VP-Free and Kona Stuff