Home | Reviews | Saddle | Fizik

Fizik Tundra 2 K:ium Rails Saddle

Fizik Tundra 2 K:IUM Saddle. Developed for high performance, added flex and comfort with a Nylon carbon reinforced shell.

Submitted by Martynas

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2013

Strengths:    Light, nice design

Weaknesses:    Middle part is too wide. Cover material started to develop wrinkles after first 300 km.

Bottom Line:
Got this saddle with stock Canondale Scalpel 29'er. At the beginning I was impressed - nice design, lightweight. However good impressions weared of after first week. Saddle form is of course discussable - maybe it's just not for me, but all the other fellow riders had also impression that middle part to wide. And covering material started to wrinkle - this was full stop. Returned back to my WTB saddle and happy since then.

Submitted by JonE5 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2012

Strengths:    - Comfortable and lightweight XC saddle
- Looks great

Weaknesses:    - Covering is bit thin and not as durable as other saddles I've owned
- The flat nose can be "grabby"

Bottom Line:
Got to ride one of these during a Giant demo about a year ago. On first look, I thought, "this is going to hurt," but I was thoroughly impressed with the comfort and decided to get one for my new ride. The T2 is definitely more of a XC race type saddle since it's pretty light and the covering thin. I've had a few minor diggers with it and it scars easily, but seems to be holding up pretty well so far...just not as good as others I've had. My only true gripe is the design of the nose. With it being so flat and "spade-like," it has grabbed and ripped a couple of holes in my shorts during transitions across the saddle. Overall, a good saddle that I would probably buy again if I see it on sale, but watch out for that bitey nose!

Purchased At:   O2 Sports

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia Flite, WTB

Bike Setup:   Lynskey Pro29, 1x10,

Submitted by DaveS29er

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2012

Strengths:    This saddle came on a used Surly Karate Monkey (no suspension single speed 29er) I bought 9 months ago. I took one look at this saddle, and thought, that's not going to be comfy! Well, I was pleasantly amazed and surprised to find that it is a very comfortable saddle. I do get that forward numbness problem on longer rides, but I haven't decided to swap it out.

Weaknesses:    This saddle has a street price of $150 c. 5/12. I would never buy this saddle at that price, but it came with the bike. I'm not counting grams on my bike (which weighs 28.6 lb dry), and I carry up to 3.5L of water when I go on long rides in 95-105 degrees (=an extra 3500 g). When I buy a new saddle for a bike (road, hybrid, or mountain bike) it's a sub-$100 V-type saddle.

Bottom Line:
A cool-looking saddle for the weight-conscious. The rest of us should probably skip it.