Home | Reviews | Saddle | Fizik

Fizik Pave Saddle

3.33/5 (9 Reviews)
Weight : 250 grams MSRP : $80.00

• Rear reinforced elliptical support and carbon reinforced shell to reduce longitudinal deformation and increase sttiffness.
  • 3 point elastomer suspension system.
  • 74mm Ti rails

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by birodas a Cross Country Rider from UK

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2009

Strengths:    Light weight, good upper material.

Weaknesses:    Too soft for me. Puts too much pressure on the perineum. On the narrow side for trail riding.

Bottom Line:
    My pave' is far too soft for my taste. I bought it online so only found it out when it arrived. Unconfortable even when riding around town.

Favorite Trail:   Peak district

Similar Products Used:   Serfas RX, SDG satellite, Bontrager Race lite/lux/ti

Bike Setup:   Rigid singlespeed 29er

Submitted by Frank Brigandi a Racer from Havertown Pa, U.S.A.

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2005

Strengths:    Good quality, various color options for those who follow fashion

Weaknesses:    As with almost all saddles these days, the shell is not part of the design. The shells are ridiculousy rigid and offer no flexibility anywhere along the plane, regardless of shape or padding technology. I still prefer my mid 1970's Cinelli Unicanitor over every saddle I've tried.

Bottom Line:
    I'd have to say that, if you like buying a new saddle every year or so, then try this because you may not have a particular desire geared to consistent comfort, on or off road. If style is your thing, you may have met yuor soul mate here. I still follow funtion over fashion and would not reccomend this to someone with "Saddle issues" Terry and WTB make the best newer saddles on the market.

Favorite Trail:   anywhere

Purchased At:   biketopia

Similar Products Used:   Just about all of them.

Bike Setup:   I have several bikes, all of which get regular use

Submitted by neil beltz a Weekend Warrior from anchorage

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2004

Strengths:    the color matched the frame...

Weaknesses:    the 'gel hole'... i dont know why they put that there, it dosnt help

Bottom Line:
    its a seat, a place to place yer butt when the time is right(not too long-itll hert!) not for the weak of crotch... for 80 bucks, they shouldve at least covered the 'hole' seat. at least its light

Favorite Trail:   kincade

Purchased At:   online outlet

Similar Products Used:   stock p2 seat, lots of junk on junk bikes

Bike Setup:   2003 specialized p2, profile race cranks(175mm/euro), crupi pro round pedals, sram x9 derailer/7.0 gripshift, fydaq/crowbars, hope bulb/decent rims/tires bla bla bla....

Submitted by Rob a Cross Country Rider from Ft Smith

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2003

Strengths:    Comfy,it fit my butt nicely.Light weight. Nice shock absorbtion.

Weaknesses:    It broke off of the rails, the nose of the saddle is held by 2 tiny little 1/2" long screws in plastic. A large amount of leverage is placed on these. The long ride without a saddle was not pleasant. I weigh 175 lbs. and am a trailrider,no freeride,dirtjumping etc. so I dont believe that the saddle was overburdoned.

Bottom Line:
    It was great for a month. Fizik's US importer replaced it with a new one really fast. I'm just worried that it'll break like the first one.

Favorite Trail:   Womble

Purchased At:   ebay (new)

Similar Products Used:   You name it, I've used it.

Bike Setup:   XC hardtail

Submitted by andy a Cross Country Rider from wyoming

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2003

Strengths:    Comfort, durability, looks

Bottom Line:
    This is a great saddle for me. Saddle comfort obviously is a very personal issue, however the giro pave is awesome. I have it on both my road and mountain bikes. Durability has been good, looks great! I rate it 4 chilis just because there is no bike component made yet that rates 5.

Favorite Trail:   spiro

Purchased At:   can't remember

Similar Products Used:   avocet

Bike Setup:   Schwinn Homegrown full suspension, judy w total air, xt/xtr,truvativ stylo team, eggbeaters.

Submitted by Don Pyle a Cross Country Rider from Oslo, Norway

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2003

Strengths:    Light, strong

Bottom Line:
    Took 6 months to break this in. Was worried about the TI rails (heavy rider) but no problems. Cool look, not the usual stock saddle. Like the many colour and material options available when when using Fizik's online order shop. Delivery took only 4 days!! Very satisfied with this product.

Purchased At:   e-purchase direct from Fizik

Similar Products Used:   Coda (Sella Italia) stock saddle

Bike Setup:   Cannondale F1000SL Y2K

Submitted by jaggi a Cross Country Rider from Finland

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2002

Strengths:    Light,sleek looking,cheap.
    Real leather and Ti

Weaknesses:    Not for fat a"¤#¤s!

Bottom Line:
    Great saddle!
    I bought it,cos it was so cheap,but the quality and the feel was great.
    Maybe not my choice for xc,but good roadracing saddle.

Purchased At:   Bike-discount

Similar Products Used:   Flite's,nitrox,Bontrager,Velo,SDG.

Bike Setup:   currently in my roadbike

Submitted by Steve a Weekend Warrior from connecticut

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2002

Strengths:    This saddle is very light, it also is tough and looks nice. It is very stiff as well. The saddle uses nice materials and is well made.

Weaknesses:    It's really hard! Don't even think of trying to ride your biek around with this seat without padded shorts. Even with the right equipment it really hurts. My legs get tired faster with this seat because I have to stand most of the time. There isn't very much padding under the leather, and the padding is very hard.

Bottom Line:
    This saddle may appeal to riders who are very concerned about weight. It might also appeal to racers, or anyone who spends little time on the saddle. I don't like this saddle, I took it off my bike and replaced it with the Specialized Prolong that I had. It's narrow, so if you like to brace your legs against the saddle while your going over technical terrain, this might not be a good choice.

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Other Fizik saddle. Bontrager. Specialized Prolong with Manganese rails. The specialized is nice.

Bike Setup:   Giant XTC SE 1. Marzocchi Atom Bomb Z.2 Fork. System 3 stem (I have never seen another, I got it with the frame on eBay). Dia Compe Power 11 brake levers. XT crankset, derailleurs, cassette. SRAM griphshifts (I will change soon). Pedros Slimwalls grips. Shimano LX and Deore hubs, mavic rims. FSA headset with Conix.

Submitted by Brian a Cross Country Rider from Dublin, Ohio

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2001

Strengths:    light, comfortable, bomb proof

Weaknesses:    ???

Bottom Line:
    recommend the saddle. longest ride is close to 4 hours w/out any problems.

Purchased At:   on bike