Home | Reviews | Saddle | CODA

2.75/5 (4 Reviews)

CODA 700 Saddle

Submitted by Matt a Cross Country Rider from Ozark, AL

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2002

Strengths:    inexpensive (came with Dale i bought on eBay). no break in period. narrow. fairly light. comfortable

Weaknesses:    weak rails

Bottom Line:
i love this saddle. its narrow so i can move my a** around during hairy descents. its light (i'm no gram counter). it looks good with a low profile design. its black - matches my bike. and most of all - it's comfortable! i think the weak design actually gives it a pseudo suspension system. the saddle flexes with alot of pressure (don't think that's what it was meant to do - but it sucks up the bumps!) who needs to spend 50 bones on a hyped italian saddle anyway. viva america! give me my cheap coda 700 saddle or give me death. it works! by the way, i'm looking for a new one right now since a bent up my old one doing the same thing the guy below me did...practicing wheelies in my backyard and got laid out on my back with my feet still clipped in. HA! busted my arse and my saddle.

Favorite Trail:   your mom

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   selle italia trans am max flite

Bike Setup:   CAD3, manitou-SX, LX/XT, avid v-brakes, thomson seatpost, and a bunch of specialized guts

Submitted by Nicholas Zimmer a Cross Country Rider from Buffalo, N.Y. USA

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2000

Strengths:    Softer in rear great for people who sit far on the back

Weaknesses:    easily bendable rais tip of nose hard as hell

Bottom Line:
Good Seat for money ride it with a chamois and if you ride the nose on uphill pick another saddle

Favorite Trail:   Hunters Creek

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia Flite

Bike Setup:   Cannondale All XT Judy XL

Submitted by SirChomps-a-Lot a Cross Country Rider from Albuquerque, NM

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2000

Strengths:    light, narrow, looks OK

Weaknesses:    weak, construction isn't great, numbness on long rides

Bottom Line:
I was riding around in my driveway trying to figure out how to do trackstands, etc. because my weiner friend didn't want to go riding and I have no car. Anyway, I was seeing how high I could get the front off the ground. I was clipped in and I ended up going over backwards and slamming the saddle, as well as my ass, into the concrete HARD from the back. The rails on the saddle got all mangled and my ass still hurts. Anyway, I liked that saddle; it was narrow and allowed mobility unlike the WTB my weenie friend rides. The cover on the 700 tended to scratch and tear easily in crashes but the rails never bent until I smashed the hell out of it in the above mentioned manner. It came spece'd on the super V so I don't know how much it cost. My advice would be to not boter replacing it unless you break it. Too bad about smashing it, but I was looking for an excuse to buy more bike crap anyway. That flite is gonna be sweet.

Favorite Trail:   I went to Moab once -- it was pretty cool

Similar Products Used:   gonna get a selle italia flite gel ti

Bike Setup:   super v. It's pretty much decked out with the exception of the seat post and the bars. Oh yeah, the rear shock is a pile of crap too (fox vanilla)

Submitted by Chris a Weekend Warrior from Calgary, Alberta

Date Reviewed: July 31, 1999

Strengths:
Light

Weaknesses:
Could be considered a form of birth control

Bottom Line:
NUMB! That's all you feel after using this saddle This P.O.S came stock on my 99 F700 (which now comes with a CODA Performance Saddle) and immediately went to the top of my replacement list. I can't describe what on the saddle causes the numbing of gonads except for maybe it focuses all the weight on a single point. It's light but it's like riding a hockey stick, which is much like using this saddle. No stars if possible.

6 months