Chromag Bikes Trailmaster LTD Saddle

Submitted by blackhammer a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2014

Strengths:    Looks great, adds character to the bike, good support for my sit bones, and easy to move around upon.

Weaknesses:    Expensive, discoloration after it gets wet?

Bottom Line:
I'm a Clyde who's very hard on saddles. I usually get 3-6 months out of saddles in the $60 range before the cover's torn to hell, the padding's soft and the shell's cracked. I also like a very firm saddle, using a Brooks on my road bike. The trail master ltd has held up for a full season with no tears and still feeling very supportive. It was immediately comfortable and has broken in nicely on my hardtail. The only negative I can say is that it looked a little worse for wear after a day of being subjected to a downpour. I put a little proof ride on it after it dried and the leather appeared to recover pretty well. It is expensive, but I can't say how much of a negative that is after only one season. If it lasts two to three years for me I'd say bump up the value. I like it so much I bought another one to put on my new rip9 rdo. First time I've ever bought the same model of saddle twice.

Favorite Trail:   Merrell trail, MI

Duration Product Used:   One season

Purchased At:   Universal cycles

Similar Products Used:   Brooks b17, wtb sst, wtb pure v, charge spoon, specialized avatar, various cheapo saddles.

Bike Setup:   Inner emd 2x9, 100mm