Brooks B190 Steel Saddle

Brooks England B190 Steel Saddle With Clamp. Saddles. The largest heavy duty saddle Brooks makes. Two sets of rear springs and a front loop spring floats the smooth leather top. Great for upright bikes. Double rail is designed to be installed on traditional style seat posts. Features: ?Width - 255m ....

Submitted by Jeff Nehring

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2014

Strengths:    Great for clydesdales. (260 lbs. For me) Tried all the overpadded knock offs, but they all hurt. Tried all the mountain specific clyde saddles, and they all hurt.Got the b-190 and havent looked back. People talk about brooks break in but from day one this saddle has been nothing but comfortable. Measure your sit bones by sitting on a peice of cardboard, and find the distance between the center of the two dimples left behind. And remember you can always fit in a slightly bigger saddle but not a slightly smaller one. Before front, and rear suspension this was all you got, and it works. Mountain bikers laugh at its size, weight ,and looks but once I`ve told them this is what has kept me on my bike and helped introduce my son to our great sport they all congatulate me on the purchase. This is a totaly bullet proof saddle, and as all Brooks saddles it is made to last a lifetime.

Weaknesses:    The stock seat post clamp is lacking in adjustability, and some say strength. Worth the extra dosh to get the aftermarket double rail seat post clamp. They are strangely only available in the states, so if your on the other side of the pond, good luck with shipping. I was told by my LBS that these may be discontinued, as they are increasingly hard to find threw suppliers, and the newest Brooks literature (2014) does not apparently list them. I hope this is not the case, as this is an exceptional product for clydesdales.

Bottom Line:
All the money I spent trying to get a cheaper saddle to work, would have paid for this twice.