Brooks B.67 'S' Womens Saddle

• Women's specific design.
  • B.66 top on a single rail frame that allows it to be used on a regular adjustable seat post.
  • Black or honey colored leather w/ black frame.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Anne a Weekend Warrior from upstate NY

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2005

Strengths:    *Doesn't seem to need much break-in.
    *I have the black version which looks good with my bike.

Weaknesses:    *None so far.

Bottom Line:
    I'm not a high-mileage rider. I go out for 10-15 mile rides when I can find the time in a very busy schedule.

I've never owned a Brooks before or even ridden one, but I really like this model so far. My S.O. uses them and swears by them, so I decided to try one. He applied Proofide to it and sat it in the sun for 2 days, and also changed the suspension post for a regular one. On my first ride, we had to stop and tilt it back a notch or two, then it was a great fit.

I expect it to only get better the more it's ridden. Don't be put off by all of the stories about the break-in, it's a little hard at first but I don't get any discomfort. Much better than the original saddle on this bike.

As far as value, the B67S seems to be made very well, and for $77. delivered from Permaco I think it's a good investment.

To be fair, I only rated it "4" at this time because it's still new. After some use, I'm sure it will be all I'll ever need in a saddle.

Purchased At:   permaco.com

Similar Products Used:   *OEM K2 'ComforTech' with suspension post.

Bike Setup:   2003 K2 Mach S flat-bar Road.