Bontrager SSR Saddle

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

The SSR packs incredible value into a sleek, versatile design that's right at home, on-road or off. An excellent upgrade over most stock bike saddles, the gender-specific SSR featured Bontrager's exclusive Contoured Relief Zone (CRZ) for better pressure dispersal and improved comfort.

Submitted by SlickWilly8019 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2012

Strengths:    Plush padding, short nose no more getting hung up on the nose in baggy shorts, absorbs bumps and doesn't transfer it to your butt.

Weaknesses:    none that I can think of.

Bottom Line:
I got the black & white version of this one marked WSD that means its meant for women I knew it but needed wider without becoming a commuter seat. The only difference I could discern from the mens & womens version is the length of the nose and the little bit wider sit bone coverage. I sat on both versions at the LBS on the same bike, the wsd version felt better, now that I've been on several longer rides with this seat I no longer feel like I am required to wear padded shorts. The CRZ appears to be the same on mens & womens.

Favorite Trail:   White Tank Mountains

Purchased At:   Trek Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   Stock Bonny Marlin seat

Bike Setup:   2012 Trek Marlin, Bonny 29-3 TLR Front, Specy The Captain Control 2Bliss Ready rear, MiliTec1 permanent dry lube on chain.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!