Bontrager Selle San Marco Furtado Ti Saddle

3.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Bontrager Selle San Marco Furtado Ti

Submitted by Lisa a Cross Country Rider from Australia

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2000

Weaknesses:    shape, gel goo moved from where it was supposed to be, outer fabric moved around - floppy in middle of saddle and coming off the side of the saddle

Bottom Line:
Are you kidding??? This saddle is the most uncomfortable thing next to riding with out a saddle at all. Apart from the fact that it has fallen apart - the number of saddle sores and pain that this saddle has given me makes this possible the WORST consumer decision that I have ever made.

It was recommended to me by Canadian friends who thought that it was great. I guess their body shape was significantly different to mine.

For me this saddle is wrong, wrong, wrong. Relative poverty is the only reason that it has stayed on my bike.

Favorite Trail:   anything in BC

Bike Setup:   Fat Chance - Yo Eddy, XT throughout, joocy downhill bars for the steeps

Submitted by Christina a Racer from Seattle, Wa

Date Reviewed: December 6, 1999

Strengths:
This saddle is an awesome women's saddle. I dig on the soft gel center. I didn't realize how spoiled I was until I tried a non-gel, non-women specific saddle. The shorter length and non-slip embroydering solved MANY saddle problems I had experieced with other saddles. The stitching allowed me to angle my saddle down, which solved some discomfort issues, without feeling like I was going to slip off. The shorter length was great, I didn't get caught on my saddle. Also, the softer sides in the back made for great comfort on the sit bones. Overall, I love this saddle and would never ride on anything else.

Bottom Line:
I rode this saddle first on the road and it was awesome. 5 hours into any ride, I didn't feel the need to get off my bike to return the feeling to my parts. On the mountain, this saddle is also equally as comfortable. I wouldn't ride any other saddle (I tried and suffered the consequences).

mud

1 Year

All other saddles pale in comparison. I haven't ridden any other woman specific saddles, however, I would imagine they are not as awesome as the San Selle Marco one I currently enjoy.

I used this saddle both on my road bike and my mountain bike. Road: Carbon Fiber OCLV frame.
MTB: Front suspention, Giant, hard tail.

Submitted by Jenny a Weekend Warrior from NC

Date Reviewed: September 13, 1999

Strengths:
Comfort, durability, lightness.

Weaknesses:
Stitching around the gel insert wears, but this doesn't make it come apart (go figure).

Bottom Line:
Maybe the comfort has to do with having a full-suspension bike, but the saddle is nice looking and works for me. Interesting that only men have reviewed it!

more than 3 years

Just regular old men's saddles.

Gary Fisher Joshua Y (full-suspension)

Submitted by redman a cross-country rider

Date Reviewed: May 20, 1998

Bottom Line:

Beware the San Marco saddle of any kind. I have had two concor lite saddles pop off their rails after seemingly slight bumps--once yesterday way out in the mountains. The fault seems to be a poor front rail anchor, and I see that the race day has the same attachment, as do other San Marco saddles. I always liked the San Marco workmanship design, but I need a saddle that doesn't pop off the bike.

Submitted by Matt a weekend warrior from Buffalo N.Y.

Date Reviewed: January 19, 1998

Bottom Line:

I have had this saddle for a while now and I can't enough good things about it. The design is awesome, it keeps you from slippen around all over the place, comfertable and light. Compared to others this is overall the best saddle I have ever tried. The price is a little steep but you wont care when you get it.