Bontrager FS 2000 WSD Saddle

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)
Weight : 330 grams MSRP : $40.00

• Women specific design
  • FS 2000 employs Bontragers patented "clipped ears" design for easy exit and re-entry during technical maneuvers
  • Drop nose design for easy climbing and sprinting transitions
  • Perianal relief zone
  • Available with cromoly ($40) or Ti ($100) rails.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Betsey a Cross Country Rider from Barcelona, Spain

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2003

Strengths:    Comfortable and durable

Weaknesses:    stitching on gel insert wearing out after 3000km and 2yrs, and leather starting to crack (but bike stored covered outside for very hot summer!)

Bottom Line:
    I didnt even use the specialized body geometry that came with the bike. Bought this baby and have been sitting on it for the last 2 yrs and 3000km. It is GREAT. Even on long rides of 60k or more, it is comfortable - no chafing, the gel insert works well,and the women specific design is a MUST for any serious woman rider. I would recommend this seat to any serious female mtb rider who likes to ride and ride hard. Not too big that you cant get around for those "weight in the back" downs, but big enough that it supports your sitz bones in just the right place. May be a little weighty for racers, but for overall comfort it is definitely a must. CORRECT SEAT POSITIONING IS A MUST!!!

Favorite Trail:   Collserolla Barcelona

Purchased At:   BikeBarn Houston

Bike Setup:   Specialized RockHopper A1Pro, Ritchey extra long seat post, bontranger handlebar, SRAM PC-99 chain, shimano LX brakes, XT plates and derailer, Mavic front rim, Rolf rear rim

Submitted by Sascha a Weekend Warrior from Minneapolis, MN, USA

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2003

Strengths:    None that I could see.

Weaknesses:    That gel insert is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever been seated on.

Bottom Line:
    This saddle came on my Trek wsd 2300. I took it for exactly one ride and then replaced it with the saddle that had come on my Novara Carema. I put it on my inside training cycle and couldn't even ride it there. Between the padding in my shorts and the squishy gel insert, I just can't get comfortable. If you're used to firm, comfortable support, this saddle is not for you. Unfortunately, I don't have a better suggestion as I'm in the process of testing out several saddles in hopes of finding something I really like.

Purchased At:   Freewheel

Submitted by Carlene a Weekend Warrior from Londonderry, NH

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2003

Strengths:    Very comfortable

Bottom Line:
    I would recommend this to anyone looking for a comfort and function. This seat is easy to maneuver around when going downhill. My old seat was a lot wider and tougher to get around.

Bike Setup:   Trek 6700 WSD

Submitted by Lori a Cross Country Rider from Illinois

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2001

Strengths:    Very comfortable.

Weaknesses:    The stictching on the gel insert is wearing out, but this saddle does have 1000 miles on it. The rails can be squeaky.

Bottom Line:
    The two saddles I rode previously, left me sore, VERY sore, if I rode two days in a row, let alone my usual 4 - 5 rides a week in summer. I was looking around at women specific saddles and had never seen or heard of this saddle until I spotted one (and only one) at one of the LBS. The owner recommended it saying his daughter loved hers.

I went home, put it on and went riding - I have not had a sore butt in the last 1000 miles of riding this season. It's amazing at the difference a women specific saddle makes. Now when I ride 5 minutes on my old bike/saddle my butt hurts immediately. I'm currently looking to buy another one or two for future replacements as I'm afraid now that I found one I like, they will quit making them. Buy this saddle - you'll love it.

Favorite Trail:   any

Similar Products Used:   WTB and Coda saddles.

Bike Setup:   C'dale F2000 Lefty, velociraptors, discs, riser bar