Bontrager Evoke R Saddle

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

• Performance-oriented riding position
  • Gender-specific Contour Relief Zone (CRZ)
  • Saddle shape is optimized for off-road riding
  • Nylon/Composite base
  • Abrasion-resistant edges

Submitted by RoyalFlush29er

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2012

Strengths:    Comfy, Decent price

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I rode 18 miles through some bumpy single track a few days ago and I'm glad I chose this saddle. I almost bought the Evoke RXL Carbon, but the Evoke R is more comfortable in my opinion. It's worth the extra weight for more comfort.

Submitted by steve a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable, reasonably priced.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Bought to replace the OE saddle on my Scott Scale 70, which was worn, compressed, and had a bent rail so I was riding off-kilter. This saddle is WAY more comfy than the Scott OE ever was...value seems good...reasonably priced and moderate weight. It's not superlight, but it was less than $100 so I didn't expect any more. It's in line with the weight and price point of my bike, so a good overall match. Keeping the 4-star rating since I have ridden only twice with it and can't comment on durability.

Submitted by salsamoto

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2012

Strengths:    after trying tons of seats i tryed this. good size and after riding 2 times this weekend on my old seat with gel shorts and going to this my but was not sore after the ride with out gel shorts.

Weaknesses:    want another one now or the other bike

Bottom Line:
great seat and its nice to not have my but sore after rides now. will be getting another one for my other bike.

Submitted by hkmeup a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2012

Strengths:    Comes in widths- the 138mm fits me perfectly. Excellent support from the contoured shell. Padding is just right, comfortable but not mushy feeling.

Weaknesses:    None. Maybe it's a tad heavy at about 290 grams, but that's not a big deal for me. I would like to see the R model padding on the RL titanium rail version, though.

Bottom Line:
After many months and several saddles later, I've found THE saddle for me. This Evoke R saddle is something I never think about during rides... and that's a good thing. It has excellent support and just molds to my ass. I believe getting sized for your particular anatomy makes a big difference for riding comfort.

The last two saddles I used prior to the Evoke were a WTB Rocket V which wasn't quite wide enough even for my 5'7" 130 lb frame, and a WTB Volt saddle which gave me such bad saddle sores I actually had to see a dermatologist.

One thing I need to comment on is that I first tried the RL titanium version of this saddle, and that one was not nearly as comfortable as the R. The padding was too thin, which resulted in some sit bone discomfort. Also, the thin padding meant that the hollow for the private parts was not quite as deep as with the R model, so I did get some discomfort, not really numbness, down there.

With the 30 day no questions asked return policy Bontrager offers, it's worth giving this saddle a shot if you are at all unhappy with your current saddle.

Purchased At:   Helen's Cycles, Manh

Submitted by fubbaquestor a Cross Country Rider from Indiana, USA

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2010

Strengths:    Its comfortable, it's cheap, Its got sizes

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
It's a great fit, and I would recommend this to anybody looking for a great saddle. Prolly gonna get a RXL version sometime in the future

Purchased At:   Trek Bike Store Sher