Azonic Love Seat Saddle

Submitted by Konstantin a Racer from Kiev

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2012

Submitted by Grant a Downhiller from Castro Valley, Ca

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2008

Strengths:    Huge, Soft, Couch like, durable

Weaknesses:    Heavy

Bottom Line:
For the price I got it for (free) I couldnt pass it up. I get ragged on for riding a 3lb motorcycle seat but its the most comfortable seat for DH I have ever used. Its saved my boys many time. If I had been using a regular seat they would have exploded.

Its super comfortable, Doesnt hurt pedaling performance (too much) If its for your gravity only bike, why the hell not. Its awesome!

Favorite Trail:   Boondocks

Purchased At:   Friend

Similar Products Used:   SDG Belair, Ti-Fly, WTB Devo, etc Lots of saddles

Bike Setup:   06 7point, 888RC, Roco RC, Saint Brakes, Gamut p20

Submitted by Lee a Weekend Warrior from Anaheim, CA

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2006

Strengths:    Size, durability, comfort

Bottom Line:
If you're a bigger rider, or a MX/dirtbike rider, this saddle is definetly for you. Not for the gram counters, but will probably outlast most of your other components. You can't really complain about $35 bucks either. Most people pay 2 times that for less. Size lets you move back & forth easier for weight shifts. Is durable as your 4 year old pair of 501s.

Favorite Trail:   Fullerton Loop

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   Titec DH

Bike Setup:   Giant VT 3, Manitou Minute 2, XT Drivetrain, Avid Juciy 7s,FSA stem,bars, Vuelta FR Wheelset, Raceface Evovle XC crank

Submitted by American_Lesion a Cross Country Rider from Oil City, PA USA

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2006

Strengths:    Great for Freeriding, tough cover, comfy

Weaknesses:    Not absorbant & a bit big

Bottom Line:
Outstanding Freeride saddle. Great for taking jumps, drops, or just busting brush. Well worth the 35 bones I shelled out.

Favorite Trail:   Sandy Creek/Allegheny/Oil Creek Trail network

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Numerous SDG, Vetta, Brooks, Selle Italia, and WTB saddles

Bike Setup:   Lake Freerider, Zoom Gordo Triple crown fork, Deore 9spd derailleurs & cranks, Wellgo WPD platform pedals, SRAM twisters, Titec hellbent bars & brace, Tahoma seatpost, Diatech Mech Discs w/ Tektro levers, Weinnman Rims, IRC Madmud tires, Zoom stem, threadless headset

Submitted by Thomas a Weekend Warrior from Sunrise Florida

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2006

Strengths:    Excellent saddle. Very comfortable

Weaknesses:    Tears at bottom where it wraps under the seat.

Bottom Line:
The best saddle I ever used. I will use it on my road bike as well. I have yet to feel any pain what so ever.

Favorite Trail:   Markham Park

Purchased At:   Airbomb.com

Similar Products Used:   None can compare

Bike Setup:   Jamis Dakar 2001

Submitted by Rob a Cross Country Rider from Detroit

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2005

Strengths:    big and strong, it looks new just with some dirt on it, the thing could last a verry long time

Weaknesses:    It's size it's a lot of saddle between your legs.

Bottom Line:
I'm a big guy (6'-5", 250lb) so I don't fit on most saddles very well. Those that I do fit on I go through quick. I read all the good reviews of the loveseat and thought it could be for me. At first I thought I just had to get use to a saddle that is so big and looks so ridiculous. I gave it a summer of riding and that was way too much time for it on my bike. It's hard to pedal with that much seat between your legs. The sharp edges also add to the bad pedaling feel. I really wanted to like this saddle but it's just not a saddle made for anyone who pedals the bike. I have no doubt in my mind this would make a great DH saddle but that's not my thing. It does hold up very well. Normally after a summer my saddles look 5 years old this one looks brand new.

Purchased At:   price point

Similar Products Used:   bontrager race, wtb speed V

Bike Setup:   Trek 8000LT

Submitted by J Walter a Weekend Warrior from Montana

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2005

Strengths:    When your manuelin its like a lazy boy recliner with out the handle on the side to recline...Seems xtremely strong and did I say F-in soft and comfy as a size DD ahhhh....breast

Weaknesses:    Is that question a joke? DO NOT BUY IF YOU DONT FREERIDE OR DOWN HILL

Bottom Line:
BUY THIS SEAT The bottom line is that the seat is made for your bottom line. I could never attempt to go back to a minature seat. I love my love seat. When I took it out of the box I was pissed off because I ripped the box apart, I didnt like the looks of it at all.And I wanted to send it back. Good thing the fedex guy was gone because he would of took it with him. Well after the first ride it was like being drunk in a bar and bringin home the girl with no teeth and a ass the size of the love seat. Even though it was big and ugly it still fells really really good... But life is full of surprizes. Even big things can be loved to. 5 flamin chillis across the board from me...

Favorite Trail:   Personal Jesus

Purchased At:   CBO

Similar Products Used:   Doesnt matter there all crap now....

Bike Setup:   Specialized enduro expert...Boxxer Team, xtr, race face Diabolus bars and stem(which also kick ass)and all else that is nice...

Submitted by Jeffrey Domb a Weekend Warrior from Oldsmar

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2004

Strengths:    Well made. Kevlar protected.

Weaknesses:    Too wide. Too firm.

Bottom Line:
Because of the good reviews I bought it but beware its a lot of saddle to have between your legs. It just gets in the way. I am not sure I will ever get used to it. I can see if your jumper and land hard it will help but if your just a trail rider it gets in the way.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   99' Specialized FSR Enduro Pro

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from somewhere in Jersey

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2004

Strengths:    Big, strong, soft. Not overly heavy for it's size.

Weaknesses:    Too Big. Too wide. NOT a x-country saddle. OK freeride saddle.

Bottom Line:
When I opened the box from Universal, my wife said 'send it back.' I asked why. She said 'Look at it. It's ridiculous.' Then she started laughing hysterically. She called it a 'Beavis and Butthead seat.' I kept it.

She still laughs when she sees it on my bike (it's currently on my Planet X RAD, but spent most of it's life on the Stiffee).

THIS IS NOT A X-COUNTRY SADDLE. This is for taking those neat jumps off the trail and general goofing around. The nose is VERY wide. The material on the seat is rubber-like and will cause your but to get VERY HOT after a short while.

Before you purchase this seat, go in your living room at look at the sofa. Picture the sofa on your bike.

This seat's brother, the Hot Seat, is an excellent all-around saddle (for me).

I have too many bike seats.

3 chilis 'cause it's cheap
2 overall 'cause it's a niche seat

Favorite Trail:   all

Purchased At:   Universal

Similar Products Used:   I have too many bike seats.

Bike Setup:   Cove Stiffe w/Sherman Firefly

Submitted by Jack Parkinson a Weekend Warrior from NW Oregon, USA

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2004

Strengths:    long,wide & cushy

Weaknesses:    big rails may reqire modification of seatpost clamp. wide nose takes some getting used to.

Bottom Line:
excellent seat, very tough, "juust right" padding,

Favorite Trail:   everything @ Falls City

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Similar Products Used:   wtb,selle italia (not really similar though)

Bike Setup:   jamis eureka, ring god on hussefelts, sun mammoths on xt's, azonic love seat, flat pedals, hayes 8" front, 7" rear, roach pads.

Submitted by Jon a Weekend Warrior from Portland, Or

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2004

Strengths:    Comefortable

Weaknesses:    Big

Bottom Line:
If you want your seat to feel like a couch you gotta try this seat. It is cheap and very comfortable. Unfortunately it is HUGE! While riding this saddle I found that I had a lot of trouble getting behind the seat because it was so large, especially with the seatpost raised. I'd recommend this seat for downhill and freeriding where you can keep your seat lowered, but not for XC as you will have trouble getting behind it in a cinch. Enjoy the ride.

Favorite Trail:   Syncline, Siouxon, most anything in GPNF

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Similar Products Used:   La-Z-Boy Recliner

Bike Setup:   '03 Enduro Pro

Submitted by Holden Megroin a Weekend Warrior from Maryland

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2004

Strengths:    Very supportive, built like a tank, soooooooper comfy!!

Weaknesses:    None whatsoever.

Bottom Line:
Maybe I ordered the wrong product, but upon opening the box I found a freakin' barkalounger in there! :) Seriously though this saddle is a beast and although I've only had a few brief moments to sit on it thus far it's a HUUUUUUGE improvement over the stock Bontrager FS+10 on my VRX. As other reviewers have noted it's a big ol' thing, but the Love Seat is just what my posterior needed. I can't wait to get out and give this Love Seat a good break-in. Got mine from PricePoint.com who had by far the best deal on it and was the best $35 I've spent on my bike thus far. 5 burnin' tamales for this best of a saddle!

Purchased At:   PricePoint.com

Bike Setup:   Trek VRX300; stock for now

Submitted by Evel Kneivel a Weekend Warrior from San Juan Capistrano

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2004

Strengths:    Tough , comfy cozy, bigger than your friends. Gives you more control for DH.

Weaknesses:    Too wide for small people.

Bottom Line:
When seat is slammed for DHing cause you are standing and absorbing , jumping or seated squated railing corners this is the best seat ever! It gives you more control.

When climbing and a section gets steep (granny gear + SuperT) you can get a forward spot on the wide nose.

Favorite Trail:   Porcupine Rim

Similar Products Used:   Selle' flite

Bike Setup:   Bullit, SuperT

Submitted by Dirty.Warren a Downhiller from Tahoe North Shore

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2004

Strengths:    This seat doesn't go up your butt. Great for DH- the shape of the seat allow you to grip it between your legs while riding fast allowing you to take corners and jumps fast.

Weaknesses:    Not the best for climbing- I finally got mine dialed in the right angle, height and it works okay for climbing.
(Obviously this isn't what the seat is intended for)

Bottom Line:
I was a little skeptical at first- I took the seat off for a while. I decided to give it another try and now I love it. I just had to get the seat angle right. Now I love it- I don't think I will switch to a normal seat- I can climb fine on it, this seat will help you control your bike at high speeds. No more saddle rash- this is a very comfortable seat- it may look funny but it beats having some tiny seat that hurts.

Favorite Trail:   Northstar, KB downhill