Azonic Big Drop Saddle Saddle

Designed to take abuse from the most aggressive riders. Extra thick padding adds comfort for those big drop landings. Features 9mm oversized chromoly rails and Kevlar sides. Beefy and ready to take whatever you can dish out.

Submitted by bueno4x4 a Weekend Warrior from SATX USA

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2008

Strengths:    No more soreness! inexpensive!

Weaknesses:    heavy?

Bottom Line:
Definitely the most comfortable seat I've ever used. I can ride for hours and not feel it the next day. Even better, it is a dirt cheap saddle

The only weakness I put was it is a pretty heavy and big seat, but I'm not a weight counter so it bothers me none. It makes up for the extra weight in the comfort department

Overall I would absolutely recommend it

Purchased At:   blueskycycling.com

Submitted by David9999999 a Cross Country Rider from CT

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2008

Strengths:    Durable, cheap, looks great

Weaknesses:    Heavy.

Bottom Line:
If you're not very concerned about weight, this is a great seat. More comfortable/durable/better looking than the original seat I had, by far

Purchased At:   Azonicusa.com

Submitted by JJ C a Downhiller from Poway

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2007

Strengths:    comfortable, looks great in camo

Weaknesses:    Heavyy very heavy

Bottom Line:
awesome seat,i run it on 2 of my bikes, very comfortable, looms awesome in the camo, its tough and CHEAP!!! the only downside is it weighs a ton. wouldnt recommend for weight weenies

Favorite Trail:   anderson truck trail

Purchased At:   beyond bikes

Similar Products Used:   wtb(super uncomfortable) and other random seats

Bike Setup:   05 specialized sx trail with dhx5.0, e13 drs, 170mm 66's, maxxis minion dhf and 06 redline skookum with azonic outlaw, marzocchi z1, e13 Lg1

Submitted by Scott a Weekend Warrior from Denver

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2005

Strengths:    Its Strength! Comfortable.

Bottom Line:
I flattened my WTB saddle the bike came when I came down a little hard on the saddle while botching a stoppie. I got the Azonic and am glad I got it. It has held up quite well. A lot more comfortable also.

Bike Setup:   Marin WildCat Trail

dumb question re: Thompson seatpost/9mm rails of Azonic Big Drop saddle compatability

I have a Thompson Elite 28.6 seatpost on my 2003 Santa Cruz Bullit. I was looking at the Azonic Big Drop saddle, but it has 9mm rails. Won't work, right? Searched everywhere and couldn't come up with confirmation of that. Looks like I can't find a 28.6 seatpost that will accept a 9mm rail - ... Read More »