White Brothers Brothers Ti Bar Handlebar

3.52/5 (23 Reviews)

White Brothers Ti Bar

Submitted by Brian Miles a Downhiller from Pleasant Hill, Oregon

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2008

Strengths:    Cool looking, strong, light, High chi chi factor

Weaknesses:    none for me as of today

Bottom Line:
I'm 200+ pounds and I needed a super beefy and strong bar to handle my extra weight and size. I found these bars advertised in Mountain BIke Action, and decided to give them a try. I mounted the bars, and went out for a test drive. Right off the bat I could tell that the bars were soaking up plenty of jolts from the trail. I had used aluminum bars before these titanium bars, and they rode very harshly. With the White Bros bars, it was like floating on a cloud. I could hammer through rock gardens, and barely even feel a thing. These guys did their homework on these bars. I have had them 2 years... and probably will have them for many more years to come. I'd dole out 10 smokin' bat turds for these bars if I could! But 5 will do just fine. Awesome product, no doubt.

Favorite Trail:   Cascade mountains

Purchased At:   White Brothers

Similar Products Used:   Merlin and moots titanium handlebars and stems

Bike Setup:   not applicable

Submitted by Hagi Alexander a Cross Country Rider from Arizona

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2008

Strengths:    Man these bars are sweet looking and strong as a mack truck frame member!

Weaknesses:    zero, zilch , nada!

Bottom Line:
OK.... here is the skinny on these bars: I bought these a few months ago on eBay, and have ridden them for about 3 months now. The bend is excellent and very very very comfortable, and the rise is just perfect for my XC steed. I noticed these bars really soak up the trail shock in a very pronounced way. I can ride for hours on end without fatigue whatsoever. They look very chic too... very clean and beautiful finish on these ti bars. If you can afford them, and can find them.... I'd say get your hands on them fast! Best decision I have ever made in handlebars, to be sure. Gonna give 'em 5 burning cow pies for their overall sweetness!

Favorite Trail:   Death valley

Similar Products Used:   Litespeed, moots, titec titanium

Submitted by Royce Racoma a Downhiller from California

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2008

Strengths:    Best handlebars I have tried....inspire 100% confidence in blazing fast/ steep downhills. Strong as any bars out there, and won't fail you in times of stress.

Weaknesses:    not any I have experienced

Bottom Line:
If you can find these bars anywhere.. BUY THEM! White Brothers is no longer manufacturing them.... so they are quite hard to find. I have used them on my downhill rig for a long long time, and they filter out the trail vibration fantastically. They are not flexy, and give instant directional control. I have ridden the Moots brand bars which are similar to these, but the White Brothers seem to be alot more stout and strong than the Moots are. Dollar for dollar, I'd put my money on the WB Ti bars anytime. Top marks for these awesome Ti bars!

Favorite Trail:   Will Rogers State Park

Purchased At:   jenson usa

Similar Products Used:   moots titanium handlebars

Submitted by mikie watson a Cross Country Rider from moab, Utah

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2008

Strengths:    Badass strong and light handlebars! Virtually endless fatigue life... these bars are the strongest on the planet , bar none!

Weaknesses:    You may get bike stolen because thief wants your bars!

Bottom Line:
Without question these are the best, strongest, and lightest bars on the planet. I have put them through hell and back in my cross country racing career, and they have shined like a diamond. You could run a truck over these things, and never put a kink in them.... they are that strong! Plus you get tons of looks from your riding buddies who are envious of your schwag! I'd recommend these bars to anyone who is serious about their high end MTB gear. Ti bars just don't get any better than this. I'm handing out 5 atomic fuming chillies for this one!

Favorite Trail:   moab rocks

Purchased At:   cambria bikes

Similar Products Used:   easton bars, litespeed ti bars

Submitted by mikie watson a Cross Country Rider from moab, Utah

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2008

Weaknesses:    You may get bike stolen because thief wants your bars!

Favorite Trail:   moab rocks

Purchased At:   cambria bikes

Similar Products Used:   easton bars, litespeed ti bars

Submitted by johnny stephani a Downhiller from california

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2008

Strengths:    SUPER strong and beefy bar, sweet looks, and excellent bend and sweep.

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
These White Brothers titanium riser are bars are among the strongest out there on the market today. I have abused these bars in severe downhill riding/ racing and they have held up like a champ. Finish is gorgeous too, raw satin finished titanium. I have ridden with these bars for over 2 years, and they have yet to let me down. Far, far stronger than any other bar out there on the market. Don't know what these other reviewers are whining about. Buy these bars, and they will be the last pair you will ever need to buy, or want to buy! I'm looking for a second pair to purchase for myn other bike.... please post any you may have for sale, as i'd be interested in purchasing. Now go get dirty! White Brothers, you did it again! 5 thumbs up!

Favorite Trail:   Santa Monica trail

Similar Products Used:   LP composites handlebars, titec titanium bars

Submitted by Nick a Cross Country Rider from Colorado

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2005

Strengths:    Wide, nice amount of rise, comfortable bend, strong.

Weaknesses:    Heavy, need to use a shim.

Bottom Line:
The bar is great for single speeds, trials, or freeride bikes because of its width and rise and that is why it is on my bike instead of the Hellbent. Mine is without any of the problems other reviewers mention and does not seem too flexy to me. However, it is heavy for a ti bar, but because of the thickness I am sure it is also a lot stronger than most bars. For this reason I feel more comfortable with this bar on the bike when I am going off large drops with the exception of the shim that has to be used. I JB welded the shim to the bar and also frequently make sure my stem bolts are super tight to ensure it won't slip.

Favorite Trail:   The one I can ride to

Similar Products Used:   Titec Hellbent, Bontrager Crowbar

Bike Setup:   2005 Kona Explosif SS, Manitou X-Vert Super

Submitted by Dave a Cross Country Rider from Northern,NJ

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2004

Strengths:    Low price.

Weaknesses:    Heavy for a "titanium" bar. Too much flex. Lack of quality.

Bottom Line:
I bought these handlebars thinking that they would make my bike lighter because they are made of titanium. What I got was handlebars that were just as heavy as alloy bars. Also, I thought WB makes high quality products. These bars are the exception. Also, they look really cheap. I must admit, the price was low.

These bars look (and feel) like alloy. I decided to return them immediately after receiving them. Definitely not what I expected for a titanium bar. I don't recommend this bar to anyone. If you're looking for lightweight bars, save your money for carbon bars. This is a true case of getting what you pay for.

Purchased At:   Ekcosport.com

Similar Products Used:   Club Roost GoFast riser, Bont Cro-Bar 5 degree rise

Bike Setup:   Hardtail

Submitted by Alan from Chicago

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2003

Strengths:    Good price. It's Ti

Weaknesses:    Not as well finished as the Titec Ti bar

Bottom Line:
I like this bar. Mine weighs 280gm. The Hellion weighs 240gm. It ain't that heavy. Rides well and supple like the Hellion does.

Purchased At:   ekosport

Similar Products Used:   Titec Hellion Ti

Bike Setup:   Surly 1x1

Submitted by TuksonRider a Downhiller from Tucson, AZ USA

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2003

Strengths:    Like the rise and comfy bend

Weaknesses:    HEAVY!

Bottom Line:
HEAVY. If you're thinking these TI bars are light, you'll be sorely dissapointed. I've lifted steel bars that are lighter.

Fortunately, I don't have the akward bends or "off-center" most people seem to have. The bar I have is symetrical.

I got these bars free from a friend upgrading his own bike. I'm glad I didn't pay for them. $5 would be too much.

Favorite Trail:   Fantasy Island

Purchased At:   salvage

Similar Products Used:   too many to list

Bike Setup:   Set these bars on a hardtail

Submitted by Mike Luczkow from Okinawa Japan

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2003

Strengths:    Ti

Weaknesses:    They are made by monkeys. These bars are SO off center and bent wrong. At first I thought it was just me, but then i measured them. They are VERY uneven.

Bottom Line:
These bars came on a bike i got from a friend for pretty cheap, so i have no complaints about the costs, But it is pretty damn sad how bad these bars really are. just imagine taking a nice bike, and running over the front of it with a car. that's how they feel until you get used to them. they WOULD kick major ass if they were made properly.

Purchased At:   friend

Similar Products Used:   Go-Fast Club Roost, Easton Monkeylite, and other ghetto risers

Bike Setup:   S-Works, 17", Risers, Platforms, Urban Assault.

Submitted by Infusionathan a Weekend Warrior from WNC

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2002

Strengths:    It's Ti.

Weaknesses:    The bar was off-center by 3/4". The sweep was different on the left and right sides. The primary bends coming up from the stem were uneven and unequal. From center, one side of the bar was 3/4" longer than the other!!!!!

Bottom Line:
This has to be the shoddiest handlebar I have ever seen! DO NOT BUY ONE! I'm lucky I only got burned for $10 bucks, but I would hate to see somebody else spend $80 and get toasted. A plumber could do a better job of bending a bar than this. I don't know about White Bro's other stuff, but quality control must have been out to lunch on this one. After reading the review below, I thought, "It's only one, plenty of people liked them." Well, I was wrong! Either we both got a bar out of a bad batch, or White Brothers is going downhill in a hurry. Either way, I wouldn't chance it. There are plenty of better bars out there; like the Bonty I was replacing because it was damaged in a crash. In the final analysis, I can see no reason why anyone would want to purchase this bar. I mean, you'd expect a department store bike to have a straight handlebar! It deserves negative flaming chili's.

Favorite Trail:   Turkey Pen (at least right now!)

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Race flat, Club Roost GoFast riser

Bike Setup:   Infusion MXC Pro frame, Z2, Avid brakes and levers, XTR/XT/LX drivetrain, SunRingle ZuZu pedals, Bontrager Race stem

Submitted by emil a Cross Country Rider from germany

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2001

Strengths:    comfortable slight flex

Weaknesses:    As stated by another user the center is off approx. 6-8 mm. It is heavy if you compare with most of the alloy stuff. obviously it is not made of a tube but of a rolled and welded piece of titanium (on the lower side you can see the weld)

Bottom Line:
I am a bit astonished that it seems to be impossible to make a bar symmetrical for this price. A lot of other companies don't have any trouble with this and sell their bars for a third of the price. If you are out for perfectly made bar don't buy it. If you are a titanium-freak look out for other manufacturers as titech/bontrager. I think I will return it to the shop if possible.

Purchased At:   hibike germany