USE Atom Flattie Handlebar

Weight : 145 grams

Atom offroad handlebars are the perfect combination of width, bend, upsweep and rise. It will transform you into a trail demon. All bars are a sensible weight, built to last and feature alloy end and brake lever bonded inserts.

Submitted by Tony a Cross Country Rider from London England

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2007

Strengths:    Quality construction and understated finish clear coated carbon.

Weaknesses:    Price is on the high side

Bottom Line:
I have both standard and OS size bars. The claimed weight is correct at 140 grams. 10/10 construction/finish. A stiff handle bar. Plus made in England. A perfect match to the USE carbon seat pin. Others may be 40grams lighter. But 40 grams is nothing if they snap. That little extra gives you the confidence that it with last a life time and wont let you down in a painful way.

Purchased At:   chainreactioncycles.com

Bike Setup:   Trimble Carbon frame, Hope stem, USE carbon seat pin, Hope ti hubs, XTR

Submitted by robert a Cross Country Rider from austin tx

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2006

Strengths:    lite, stiff, good looking

Weaknesses:    a little heavy for carbon

Bottom Line:
I have bent Al bars. I had the Al inserts on the Profile bar come off. The USE bar isn't super lite, but with thick reinforced ends for bar ends and a nice finish it proves to be a worthy bar. I would say it is worth what I paid, but might look at a lighter bar next time. I,ve wrecked with it several times, and it hasn't slipped due to the textured surface on the clamp area. This is my second carbon bar, and after the abuse I put my first thru, I expect this one to withstand a couple thousand miles of abuse before dying. It is stiffer than my stem (FSA XC 120) and therefore making me impressed with the bar but not stem. Yah I would recomend it.