unknown Next Low Rise Handlebar

4.77/5 (13 Reviews)

The Race Face Next low rise cross-country handlebar uses Next carbon technology with a titanium mesh anti-crush zone - the result is a top performing carbon bar for cross-country use.

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from Novato, CA

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2007

Strengths:    Strong, light, excellent finish. Low price compared to competitors.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This is for the 31.8 mm Next SL low riser (1").

I replaced the S-Works bar with this one to improve my hand position. I also felt that the S-Works bar was a little too flexy when pedaling out of the saddle, and it was a little too short to accommodate my Marta brakes and Gripshift components.

This bar feels amazingly strong for its weight (measured 155 g). The Ti mesh "anti-crush" zone inspires some confidence, but the test results of Race Face carbon bars in Syntace's lab speak louder of Race Face's competence in this area.

Favorite Trail:   Pogonip

Purchased At:   http://ride-this.com/ on eBay

Similar Products Used:   Race Face AirAlloy 25.4 mm low riser, S-Works XC Carbon Fiber Flat 31.8 mm

Bike Setup:   2006 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper FSR 120:

Submitted by Jason Lee a Cross Country Rider from Woodland Hills, CA USA

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2006

Strengths:    Carbon, Wider thean my flatbar, great look, vibration dampening.

Weaknesses:    NONE, NONE, NONE.

Bottom Line:
Great cranks, scored bigtime at performance bike with the $50.00 price.

Favorite Trail:   Cheesebro

Purchased At:   Performance Bike VC

Similar Products Used:   Easton Monkeylite XC

Bike Setup:   HT, R7, Avid Juicy 7, DT1540 IRC Mythos

Submitted by Umar a Cross Country Rider from Kelana Jaya, Malaysia

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2005

Strengths:    Light, good looking, reinforce with titanium mesh

Bottom Line:
I'm actually using the flat bar. The best I ever used, in term of performance and look.. PERIOD!

Purchased At:   KSH

Similar Products Used:   Titec, and Easton EC70 on my other FS.

Bike Setup:   Giant XTC hybrid, Rockshox Reba SL

Submitted by Wooly a Weekend Warrior from GERMANY

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2005

Strengths:    Looks, lifetime guarantee, Race Face, Light weight

Weaknesses:    I really honestly can´t think of any

Bottom Line:
This bar is light, stiff,good looking and has good shock absorbing properties.I have used other Race Face components before without problems, the same with this bar. My Next LR has survived two seasons, approx 3000km including a couple of "light" crashes scratch free. I´m very happy with them and cant ever envisige having to replace them.
Bottom line,I am a big fan of Race Face. They make great quality components which are designed to last, this bar is no exception and comes with my recomendation.

Purchased At:   Cant remember, but it was on special offer

Similar Products Used:   Race Face LR aluminium, KORE flat bar

Bike Setup:   Ti Hardtail, lots of Race Face and other high end goodies.

Submitted by Rob a Weekend Warrior from Somerset, NJ

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2005

Strengths:    looks, weight, width, build quality, warranty, anti-crush liner at stem mount area

Bottom Line:
nice addition. looks very cool, very high build quality. taken a few hard falls with no adverse affects. very light. 1" wider than stock which has made a bigger difference than I expected.

Purchased At:   JensonUSA.com

Similar Products Used:   stock aluminum bar

Bike Setup:   Specialized XC Comp Disc.

Submitted by Chris a Cross Country Rider from Park City, UT

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2005

Strengths:    Light, strong, hasn't broken.

Bottom Line:
I needed something to take the edge off the hits with my full rigid setup. I still get the crap beat out of me, but I'm sure I would be in worse shape with an aluminum bar. I've ridden a couple thousand miles with this bar over the last year and it's done it's job without fail. Still looks as shiny and new as the day I bought it and grips stick great to it's glossy surface- even in the rain. I highly recommend this RF bar.

Similar Products Used:   All sorts of aluminum bars.

Bike Setup:   Steel 29'er single speed, full rigid.

Submitted by Ironman Carl a Racer from Clearwater

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2004

Strengths:    Carbon AND Titanium,? PUULLEEEEASEE! Carbon + Ti + factory lifetime warranty = SOLD, my brothers. Weight, or lack thereof at 125 grams; LIFETIME WARRANTY, DUDES! color (high gloss weave carbon fiber, but somehow unmarred by root/rock/tree stump encounters. . . Hmmmmm. ), PRICE. . . this one product proves that you CAN get "LSC"... (light, strong, AND cheap!)
also got one in a riser bar. .. .

Weaknesses:    Under marketed. . . if you like or want a carbon bar, and do not look seriously at the Raceface product, you must be high on the chronic.

Bottom Line:
You are smoking crack rocks if you do not buy this bar, right now, while it is still on sale for 50 beans at pricepoint. It is just that good, and carbon fiber has many grades. . . the RaceFace next line is just top end, do your homework, homie, and you will find this bar for twice the dollars elsewhere. Carbon + Ti + factory lifetime warranty = SOLD, my brothers. This product deserves the highest rating; I am a nationally ranked XTerra and Ironman athlete, and this product exceeds my very high standards. . . right on, Raceface!

Favorite Trail:   Santos, Hardrock, Razorback, Oleta, Hanna Park, BRING IT TRAIL USA

Purchased At:   www.pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Easton Monkeybar, ($$$$$$$$) Answer Hyperlite, some Sette something I won in a bet that I lost. . .

Bike Setup:   Scalpel all carboned up, Pimped Out Gary Fisher (x2) hardtail + sugar, many TT bikes in the stable, 12 rides altogether. . .

Submitted by Jon Churchill from Grand Rapids

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2004

Strengths:    Looks, light weight, soaks up high requency fibration, titanium mesh to reduce stress risers at the stem.

Weaknesses:    It does flex a little, takes time to get used to.

Bottom Line:
These bars are extremely comfortable and improves the ride. They also improve the asthetics of your bike. These bars are slightly cheaper than the leading brand. The titanium mesh appealed to me because I was a little apprehensive about the bars breaking from stress risors. I've put these bars through the test and they have no problems holding up. They definately have a different feel than aluminum bars and it takes a wile to trust them. But it is well worth it.

Favorite Trail:   Fort Custer

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   aluminum bars

Bike Setup:   Tricked out Fisher

Submitted by Scoeri a Racer from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2004

Strengths:    Trick looking

Weaknesses:    Broke

Bottom Line:
Initial creeking went away. Was going well untill my bar end caught a tree and when I picked myself up. I saw my bar end lying on the trail with a piece of the bar still attached. Rode my aluminum bar for 5 years with several crashes and it always held up.

Purchased At:   Bikezone

Similar Products Used:   Race Face Al.

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Superlight, SID, Crossmax, XTR v-brakes, Race Face cranks, Sram drivetrain.
Thompson Post

Submitted by Chris a Cross Country Rider from Salt Lake City

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2004

Strengths:    strength, light weight, looks, super smooth gloss finish really sticks to the grips. Gloss finish also seems thick and durable. 25" width is perfect.

Weaknesses:    High cost, although compared to the other carbon bars out there, these are a good value. Didn't come with BERPS (bar end reinforcement plugs), although no big deal since I decided not to use bar ends.

Bottom Line:
Great bar so far. Mates up well with RF's good n'evil grips. The combination of a carbon bar that sucks up vibration and some thick tacky grips makes for good rigid ridin'. I crank the hell out of this bar going up steep trails and it's so solid, I don't even know it's there. Mated with a Thomson stem, this is an install and forget product. Also, it looks to have a super thick finish and appears more burly than the Answer or Monkey lite. If you've got $100 to blow on a bar, I highly recommend it!

Favorite Trail:   all of them

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   all sorts of aluminum bars both light and heavy

Bike Setup:   full rigid steel single speed.

Submitted by Kris a Cross Country Rider from Clark, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2004

Strengths:    stiff, light, carbon, lo rise, narrow

Bottom Line:
The bar is stiff (no flex), light, and has less width and upsweep and bend vs comparable products (don't look or feel like Pee Wee). This bar is comfortable on long xc rides, performs great, looks pimp, and is not seen on 80% of bikes (Easton).

Favorite Trail:   loc