Titec Pluto Carbon Riser Handlebar

Material: Carbon Fiber
Width: 640 / 660 / 690 mm
Clamp Diameter: 31.8 mm
Rise and Bend: 1" / 1.5" / 2.0" rise with 9 degree backsweep by 5 degree up-sweep
Weight: 160 / 185 / 205 g

Submitted by Justcruizing a Downhiller from Cape Town

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2011

Strengths:    Stronger than you think. Light, stiff and absorbent, trail bars and cross country

Weaknesses:    Not wide enough

Bottom Line:
Although these are to be replaced with a wider Easton Havon Carbon, I needed to place on record how impressed I'm with this bar. Three years and two bikes later this bar held up better than my Fox steerer tube, yes after a good friend of mine decided to take a different loop and ended up stopping in front of me at a 3 foot jump I ended up nose diving my then GT Force 1 into the ground. After I collected all the pieces I noticed the steerer on my fox 140 float had snapped clean and not the bar just below the stem area the bars were still very much in tact. $200.00 later for a new crown assembly but still intact myself I can only praise this bar. I swore that I'd only ride Easton but these survived a massive impact so much so that a Fox steerer tube went first.

Favorite Trail:   The *len

Purchased At:   Internet

Similar Products Used:   Easton monkey light SL, Easton Havoc Carbon

Bike Setup:   Trek EX9.9 with Fox float RLC 140mm, 2012 Reverb, XO shifters, XTR Crank and cassette, Mavic Crossmax SL, Avid Elixcer

Submitted by ss85 a Cross Country Rider from Lawrence, Kansas

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2010

Strengths:    lightweight, aluminum inserts, sweep, strength

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
It's light, it's strong (I have crashed the hell out of these bars, hit trees, etc). Titec seems to really make good components for a price that's less than other brands. I have the pluto stem as well and am very happy with both.

Favorite Trail:   Wilson Rollercoaster

Similar Products Used:   other handlebars

Bike Setup:   rigid 1x9 w/ steel frame, carbon fork

Submitted by pedalitup a Cross Country Rider from Oregon

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2008

Strengths:    Its beautifully finihed, light, stiff and the bend is perfect for my needs

Bottom Line:
This bar is nice and stiff. I cut out the inserts as I don't use bar ends. Grips seem to stay in place better on this glossy finish than on the matte finish of the other carbon bars. I recommend it.

Similar Products Used:   Easton and Answer carbon bars

Bike Setup:   XC

Submitted by Kevin a Cross Country Rider from Brooklyn New York, USA

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2007

Strengths:    Very Light Handlebar. Awesome carbon finish. Reasonable price.

Bottom Line:
I love this handlebar. I would recommend them to anyone.
Their finish is beautiful and the graphics are awesome and not over done like other carbon bars out there.

Favorite Trail:   Cunningham Park (Queens)

Purchased At:   Greenfishsports.com

Similar Products Used:   Titec Hell-Bent 6061 Bronze

Bike Setup:   2007 Specialized Hardrock Pro
Titec Pluto Carbon 7075 Gold Bar 31.mm
Titec Hell Bent 6061 Silver Seatpost
ODI Rogue Lock-on Grips

Submitted by Aaron a Weekend Warrior from Rainier, OR

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2007

Strengths:    Love the stiffness of the 31.8 clamp. Sweep, bend, and rise feel perfect. Reinforced clamping areas are a nice touch. Great "carbon" bar feel...stiff yet has dampening qualities.

Weaknesses:    hmm...I guess the fact that none of my end plugs will fit in the bar due to the aluminum reinforcement.

Bottom Line:
After spending the last few years on an Aluminum Riser, I was instantly reminded of why I love carbon bars. My hands have yet to go numb riding these bars!!!! Perfect bend, rise (2" rise model), ans sweep. Just plain comfortable. I love the new 31.8 clamp standard. The steering precision is fantastic. Best bar I've owned!

Favorite Trail:   Stella Ridge

Purchased At:   Cambria Bike

Similar Products Used:   Easton Monkey Lite Hi Rise, IRD Pro Rise Carbon, Easton EA 70 Riser

Bike Setup:   2005 Jamis XLT with lots of mods

Submitted by X-Monkey a Cross Country Rider from Denver, CO

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2006

Strengths:    Strength to weight. 31.8 mm looks cool. I was told that the aluminum inserts offer more durability.

Weaknesses:    Not cheap. You get what you pay for I guess.

Bottom Line:
Paired up the Carbon bar with an Aluminum Titec stem. Stiff and comfortable. I think Titec's bars have a bit more sweep to them. Always found them a little more comfy the the others.

Favorite Trail:   401 in the Butte

Purchased At:   Mojo Wheels

Similar Products Used:   Easton, Tru Vativ

Bike Setup:   FOES FSR. Fox Talus, XTR and cross-max wheels.

Submitted by GNUU a Cross Country Rider from California

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2006

Strengths:    Lightweight and great graphics. The two times I called Titec for torx specs they were very helpful and nice.

Weaknesses:    Not a one!!

Bottom Line:
Bottom line, customer service is everything to me. I have used Titec products for years now. The bar comes with a great warranty which I highly doubt will be needed. Its lightweight yet durable. I use their alum Hellbent bar on my Heckler and its every bit as nice. One point, I had a problem with Easton in the past when it came to a warranty and they NEVER helped me out. Carbon is a tricky part and a company should stand behind its product. I have every bit of confidence Titec will be there for me if I should ever have problems.

Favorite Trail:   Shipwrecks Beach No Calif.