Titec C3 1.5 Handlebar

Weight : 170 grams MSRP : $135.00

The C3 1.5 handlebar is the ultimate all around XC performer. Incredibly light at just 170g, it features an 1.5" rise with our classic 9º back-sweep and 5º up-sweep. It's 660mm (26") width provides unmatched control, and the oversized 31.8mm diamater dramatically increases steering precision and stiffness, without increased weight.

Submitted by Bianchi Buddy a Cross Country Rider from Lyons, CO

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2005

Strengths:    Very light, OS mount, very stiff, dampens vibrations on washboard very well, nice width

Weaknesses:    PRICE!!! 1.5" rise seems kinda shallow compared to alloy 1.5" riser bars

Bottom Line:
Very nice bar, I have the 2005 version called Pluto. It is light, stiff, cuts out some vibes, works very well but price is kinda steep!

Favorite Trail:   Hall Ranch?

Similar Products Used:   Easton Monkey lite, Easton Monkey bar, Titec Hell Bent, Bontrager Crow bar, Koski 1.5 Riser bar

Bike Setup:   Schwinn Straight 6 (4 banger style), Fox Vanilla R 125mm fork, XT, XTR, Sun Singletrack rims, Hayes

Submitted by danK a Cross Country Rider from usa

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2004

Strengths:    Comfortable for my needs, light and wide (I like 660mm for trailriding), rise is perfect.

Weaknesses:    The 1.5 rise seems less than others, but I'm fine with it. Just want a little.

Bottom Line:
I didn't "need" this, at only 165 pounds, but I like exact/precise/stiff steering, and this does the job. Comfortable and from a good company (bar is made in Taiwan or China... the stem is from T or C, I forget). It's difficult to find a 660mm wide bar that weighs this little and with a shallower rise. It's pretty much an awesome bar for the xc racer.

As for the price. I got it for a screaming deal from an mtbr poster so I do not think I would pay full pop for it. $135 msrp?? I think mailorder must be about $110. Yikes. Makes Easton seem like a deal, but it's marketing and the new 1.5 hype; Giant is doing it to their highend xc bikes in 05, for what that's worth.

Favorite Trail:   up and down

Purchased At:   mtbr member

Similar Products Used:   Everything.

Bike Setup:   31.8 2004 version of the RIP Titec stem (188 grams).