Titec C3 1.0 Handlebar

Weight : 145 grams MSRP : $125.00

The C3 1.0 is amazingly light at 145g, and offers a subtle 1" rise with our classic 9º back-sweep and 5º up-sweep. It's 640mm (25.2") width provides exceptional control, and the oversized 31.8mm diamater dramatically increases steering precision and stiffness, without increased weight.

Submitted by shiny_car a Cross Country Rider from Australia

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2005

Strengths:    gorgeous finish; light and stiff; designed to accept bar-ends

Weaknesses:    long 630mm length may not suit everyone; oversize bar clamp area won't accept many clamp on accessories that are designed for 25.4mm bars

Bottom Line:
thought I'd give these a try; bought new off ebay, making them good value; oversize 31.8mm bar clamp section probably makes no real difference to me, but makes sense nonetheless, and something I'm accustomed to as a roadie (don't flame me!); awesome glossy finish over carbon fibre weave, but naff graphics; first time I've used such long bars and not convinced it suits me, so will compare with a shorter (Giant) 580mm CF bar; I'm quite short, at 5'4" and not broad shouldered, so my hands end up widely spaced and the turning arc ends up larger so slower; each to their own but I think I'll settle for the shorter bars; these suit bar-ends although take car not to overtighten as I partly cracked one end; matching Titec CF bar-ends compliment the look nicely!

Purchased At:   ebay + shipping

Similar Products Used:   Giant FB-CF10XL oversize carbon flat bar

Bike Setup:   Specialized S-Works HT; Thomson stem

Submitted by llhank a Weekend Warrior from Winchester, MA

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2005

Strengths:    Extremely light yet amazingly stiff. The 31.8 size, used by me with the companion Titec RIP 3D stem, resists all twisting efforts. Plenty of width to install twist shifters, lock-on grips, and bar ends.

Weaknesses:    Absolutely none.

Bottom Line:
The quality defies the price. You won't be disappointed with this bar.

Favorite Trail:   Massachusetts coastline and cities

Purchased At:   Cambria Bike Outfitters

Bike Setup:   Dean Torreys Ti frame, Alpha Q CX fork, SRAM/Avid components, FSA crank, Velomax Orion II wheelset

Submitted by Ethan a Cross Country Rider from St. Louis, MO

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2004

Strengths:    super light, stiff

Bottom Line:
I had Easton carbon bars but wanted to try a 31.8 combo, since that's what I have on my road bike. These are oversize bars and they are super-stiff. Also, this 1.0 bar only weighs 140g!! It is reasonably wide too. I used it with a Titec Rip stem and you can really feel the difference in stiffness. I would recommend a 31.8 setup to anyone. I can't see any downside since the bar is so light.

Purchased At:   Titec.com