Syncros Riser Bar Handlebar

4.55/5 (11 Reviews)
Weight : 276g MSRP : $50.00

• The world of Xtremes. There is no margin for error. Ergo, super strong cold-drawn 2014T6 aluminum with continuous wrought directional micro-structure along the entire bar. No bulging. No thinned out walls. No room for failure.
  • It absorbs the terrain. So you don’t have to. Courtesy of the exceptional shock absorption and vibration dampening characteristics of the alloy.
  • Fine-tune your cockpit and give your joints a break. With a 5 ° or 10 ° sweep and the optimal rise for ideal wrist ergonomics.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Steve from WI

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2005

Strengths:    -light weight
    -they look good

Weaknesses:    -too much flex (its not a lot, but I feel there shouldnt be any)
    -creakes when you crank on them
    -a bit too narrow for my style

Bottom Line:
    This is a great bar for XC use. It is responsive on the trails, and the narrowness allows you to squeeze through some tight spots. It makes a creaking sound when it flexes ever so slightly and that freaks me out, but they have never cracked. Im getting rid of them for a wider set of bars. Also, I need something that instills a bit more confidence, becuase the creaking sound doesnt do that.

Similar Products Used:   azonic risers

Submitted by edouble a Cross Country Rider from LI,ny

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2004

Strengths:    shape is excellent, has a good feel to it for xc riding. is inexpensive for a quality product.

Weaknesses:    a little narrow, thats it.

Bottom Line:
    this is an excellent bar, puts my hands in the perfect position for xc riding. if only they were a little wider i probably would have never taken them off. i will keep them though, as they are one of my favorite pieces of equip. i needed somethig to absorb a little more shock, as i am doing longer rides now.

Favorite Trail:   dupont and pisgah,nc

Purchased At:   frenchies cycle world

Similar Products Used:   titec hellbent, kore xc

Bike Setup:   no longer on my bike, replaced by an azonic cf-1

Submitted by Francis Fowler a Cross Country Rider from Wellington, New Zealand

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2003

Strengths:    Looks cool, Feels pretty good, Not to expensive I hear

Weaknesses:    I suppose they do scratch kind of easy if you care about that kind of thing

Bottom Line:
    Comfortable, Look good and give me plenty of control

Purchased At:   Came on bike

Similar Products Used:   Junky handlebars

Bike Setup:   03 GT Avalanche 0.0 Disc with 03 Marzocchi MX Comp (Air) fork otherwise stock

Submitted by Aaron from Austin

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2003

Strengths:    Strong, fairly light as risers go, and absorbs vibrations better than any other alum bar Ive had

Weaknesses:    Black anodization scratches easily

Bottom Line:
    I had a Titec flat bar on my bike and I just couldnt take the stooped over position so I switched back to a riser bar, but this time it would be far superior to the stock steel bars. As much as I love my Answer Protapers on my mtb I didnt want to spend another $40 on my bike so I looked around and found the Syncros bars for good prices almost anywhere I looked online. This is usually I sign of a bad product people are try to get rid of, but I checked the review on here and was surprised. Found me a set for $20 and I love em. They are light (230 grams)and really stiff, yet they retain good vibration damping characteristics for aluminum. The only problem Ive had is they scratch a little easier than i would expect, but it shouldnt be a big problem on a bike that is strictly ridden on pavement. This is truly a great product at a bargain price.

Similar Products Used:   Answer Pro-tapers, Titec flat, Ritchey Rizers, various other generic bars

Bike Setup:   Madwagon city 9 speed bike with various improvements

Submitted by RACEÖFACE a Downhiller from CANADA!

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2002

Strengths:    Light, looks good, looks good with a black bike

Weaknesses:    they get scratches......... hehe! who cares!

Bottom Line:
    LOOKS GOOD, FEELS COMFORTABLE, GOOD FOR ANY SIZED RIDER, ..........................................read the rest of the reviews

§ick! §weet! .......................................

peace

Favorite Trail:   Trail?

Similar Products Used:   NONE

Bike Setup:   GT Zaskar X

Submitted by Jeremiah a Cross Country Rider from hilly part o' ohio

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2002

Strengths:    cheap, light for a riser, strong for weight

Weaknesses:    its out of style (oh no!)

Heh heh. read on.

Bottom Line:
    The worst thing about boutique parts is that the geeks are dumb enough to buy whats in fashon this month, regardless of price, which keeps prices high on comparatively inexpensive to make stuff. (a handlebar is a tube folks. They aint hard to extrude & bend, and shouldn't cost 60-80 bucks)

The best thing about boutique parts is that they go out of style for the next flavor-of-the-month, so the price drops faster than me on my dualie. Got these babies for $20 and slapped em on my ss to give me another inch or so in the front.

My ss goes pretty much everywere my hardtails and dualie go (with the exception of those scary places at Snowshoe- the're reserved for the dualie.) On a completely unsuspended bike ruding technical terrain, they have as much bump absorption as my azonic flats, but never seem limp or hinder the control of the bike. I may just do away with the azonic risers on the dualie and get another set of these.

Five blazing pineal glands for a good product at a realistic price.

Favorite Trail:   Vultures Knob

Purchased At:   outlaw bicycles

Similar Products Used:   azonic risers, azonic flats, titec hell-bent, answer flats

Bike Setup:   Which bike? This one's a classic (1989-'90) Stumpjumper singlespeed set up lite and simple. 1" dura-ace threaded hs, big stiff fork, old araya/xt rear w/ 16-tooth bmx freewheel, mavic/wtb front, control-tech stem, fresh coat of paint (makes it faster ya know!), spot cranks/rings.

Submitted by Derek a Cross Country Rider from Wilmington, DE

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2001

Strengths:    It hasn't broke.
    Looks good.
    Inspires confidence.

Weaknesses:    Expensive.

Bottom Line:
    My grips are always where they should be. Until they are not, how can I really complain. These may be overkill for XC riding, but I know I don't have to worry about them, or wonder if I should replace them every time I crash. Didn't notice the flex the others were talking about, but then I'm not doing 6-9 foot drops. They are not cheap, but I trust them, and ended up paying for that confidence.

Similar Products Used:   Syncros flat.
    Control Tech

Bike Setup:   Just the way i like it.

Submitted by Bülent a Cross Country Rider from Holland

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2001

Strengths:    Strong for xc use,paint is stil the same,after many times i was fallen doing new jumps it stil didnt break

Weaknesses:    too much flex with jumps,it is not a DH or Freeride bar more hard xc bar,

Bottom Line:
    if you do exreme freeriding this is not what you want,couse when i do yumps between 6-9 foot and thats not extreme and land how i have to, the flex it makes gives you a onsecure feeling after landing.after long rides my shoulder had not so much pain as with the icon.
    but now i switcht to race face airaloy low riser and this feels much better then the syncross.

Similar Products Used:   Icon was my first bar and the syncoss is my feeling better

Bike Setup:   VRX400, Pace rc37 fork,chris king disc hubs and head set,hope pro disc,shimano xt,xtr drive train,race face compenents

Submitted by vince a Weekend Warrior from milwaukee

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2000

Strengths:    looks bad ass, syncros quality, riser, easy to install on syncros stems

Weaknesses:    flexes like hell, creaks a lot when you hammer, scares the hell outa me.

Bottom Line:
    these bars are rad but for the flex, it's normal but scary. nothing else really. happy trails, put your head down and hammer

Favorite Trail:   john muir