Spank Stiffy Royala Handlebar

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)
Weight : 330 g MSRP : $68.49

Six Series Alloy, Extreme Gradual Taper Profile (XGT), New Geometry 5° Up, 8.5° Back, 3 Rises available 5mm / 20mm / 40mm, Royala 24k Gold Anodized, 740 mm width, 31.8 mm clamp diameter.

Submitted by lew242 a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2012

Strengths:    High rise,wide strong bling

Weaknesses:    None found

Bottom Line:
Got this for my urban/DJ bike because all my natural trails are overgrown and AM riding is like being scratched to death by thorns. Super low wide bars are in fashion these days and it's tough finding a sweet high rise bar, although I love my 750 Havoc for FR/AM I much prefer old school high rise on hard tails and jumps. The bar has been growing at 1cm a year, mine is 710mm because it's a 2009 or so, but I think they are nearer 740 these days.

Similar Products Used:   Easton havoc, truvativ Maximus,

Submitted by Daveooo a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2012

Strengths:    strong, shape

Weaknesses:    narrow

Bottom Line:
I have just upgraded from these (wanted a wider bar). Never had a problem with them apart from feeling a little narrow. Good gold colour looks as it did a couple of years ago when I bought them. Writing is wearing of though. I will keep them as a back up (I almost don't trust the uber-lightness of my new Havoc carbon bars!)

Duration Product Used:   3 years

Purchased At:   Bike City, Wells, So

Similar Products Used:   Azonic double walls, Easton Havoc carbon, many others

Bike Setup:   Full sus all mountain built for the downhills!

Submitted by Jake

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2012

Strengths:    Strong, wide bars

Bottom Line:
Feel great, look great, ride great. These bars are sweet!!! They look and feel amazing. You look like number 1 when you are out riding lol. I have these bars on my dirt jumper. I really like them for jumping, and they are great bombing trails. These are strong and reliable handlebars. If you are looking for new bars; and you dirt jump or ride any types of mtb, these are the bars for you. Look good on the trails!!! I believe these are 720mm, which is plenty wide.

Submitted by Guyechka a Weekend Warrior from aurora, co, usa

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2011

Strengths:    Everything

Bottom Line:
I never worried about bending or breaking an Easton bar, and I didn't want to try anything else. However, I needed more rise, so I went out on a limb. Now I want to buy another frame just so I can buy another Royala bar. They are excellent and a good price.

Purchased At:   treefort

Similar Products Used:   Easton monkey bars

Bike Setup:   Ragley Blue Pg

Submitted by duggus a Weekend Warrior from New Ulm, MN, US

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2010

Strengths:    Perfect rise to them, GOLD!!!!!

Bottom Line:
I love these. I was not quite comfortable with my stock straight handlebars so thought I needed something with a rise. These were my answer. Very solid and durable, I have used this handlebar along with the Spank stem for 2 years now, and have not had any slipping or any issues whatsoever. The gold anodized finish is amazing and the graphics are really stylish as well. You can see my set-up here: http://www.morcmtb.org/forums/member.php?u=6582

Favorite Trail:   Murphy-Hanrahan