Sette F - x2 Carbon Riser Handlebar Handlebar

4.38/5 (8 Reviews)

The Sette F/X2 carbon riser takes strength & weight to new limits. Carbon fiber has been chosen because of its inherent shock absorption & vibration damping properties to make this an ultra light world class bar. 26" long, 1.25" rise, 8 deg sweep, 174g.

Submitted by Adam Gabler a Cross Country Rider from awgabler@yahoo.com

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2009

Strengths:    Very comfortable feel, rigid but shock absorbing

Bottom Line:
Buy this product if you are looking to shave some weight without busting the wallet. I bought one 6 months ago to replace my stock bars.. I replaced my stem as well with the new dues xc and it feels like I shaved a full pound.

Favorite Trail:   Marshall to Potato

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Easton EC 70

Bike Setup:   Giant XTC2 upgrade everthing!!!

Submitted by Alex a Weekend Warrior from Incirlik AB, Turkey

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2007

Strengths:    Sweet looking, carbon, relatively inexpensive, strong, light

Bottom Line:
I compared these to my buddy's monkey light and they look exactly the same, but mine weighed less and cost half the price. The carbon looks pretty awesome. I've wrecked a couple time and they've held up just fine.

Favorite Trail:   Cappadocia

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   easton

Bike Setup:   Jamis dakota 29er

Submitted by Willem Boom a Cross Country Rider from Bend, Oregon USA

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2007

Strengths:    Very cool bar! VERY STRONG! Look great on my bike!!

Weaknesses:    None thus far!

Bottom Line:
GET THESE BARS! Great for the price!!!

Favorite Trail:   ALL OF THEM IN BEND!

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey Bars, Bontrager, etc..

Bike Setup:   Jamis XCR Expert with all XT Components

Submitted by Dan a Cross Country Rider from Colorado

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2006

Strengths:    Cheap

Bottom Line:
I weigh 220 and pound on these bars daily, endos and bottom out front shock and the bar is holding up perfectly.

Similar Products Used:   easton, titec

Bike Setup:   Salsa Ala Carte, XT, zokes bam 3, avid bb5's

Submitted by Erik a Weekend Warrior from DC

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2006

Strengths:    It's CF, lighter and stronger than aluminum

Weaknesses:    Poor quality control

Bottom Line:
Spend $10 more and get the Eastons. The carbon fiber weave on my Sette bar was wrinkled and not aligned properly. Gave me concerns about its strength. It went back, and the Eastons went on. The Eastons are waaaaay better. And, the Sette bar is matte finished CF. The Easton is shinier CF and looks cooler, too.

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Easton Monkeylite CF

Bike Setup:   Specalized Hardrock Disc 06, Avid BB7s, Titec CF setapost, Easton Monkeylite CF hirise handlebars, Shimano LX brake levers, Ascent CF cage, SRAM X7 shifters

Submitted by Rob a Racer from Somers Point, New Jersey

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2005

Strengths:    Very light and strong bar, the graphics also match my bike perfectly,(Grey,Black,Blue), just the right amount of flex!

Bottom Line:
Bottom line is, I think this is a great carbon bar, it's also a very low priced, high quality bar. Once my other easton bars get beat up enough, I may switch all of them over to the sette including the seatpost. I like the fact that you can feel the flex from hard riding, it lets me know that its taking all the vibration that the forks are not taking. I've grown to love Sette USA products. Way to go Sette!!!

Favorite Trail:   Blue Marsh Ski Resort, Reading, PA area

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Easton EC70 MonkeyLite XC riser, also Sette Carbon seatpost.

Bike Setup:   05' KHS XC204, I may also change over my eastons on my 05' KHS 904r and 05' KHS Alite Team 4000

Submitted by Glen Stiles a Cross Country Rider from Woodland, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2005

Strengths:    Lightweight, nice ergo bend, excellent quality, easy on the wallet, vibration dampening qualities are excellent for the cross country rider.

Weaknesses:    Not for freeriding or downhilling, they would flex too much for that. A bit wide, I cut mine down to 25" and they are perfect now.

Bottom Line:
Great for my bontrager. The front of the bontrager is a little 'whippy' stock, and I needed to get a set of bars that would match the amplitude of the frame. It didn't make sense to have really rigid bars- the frame screams for something with some give, but lightweight. The carbon bars did the trick. It takes the edge off of some of the ripple bumps on local trails. At speed with my old easton alloy bar I would get a lot more chatter from the front end. Now with the sette carbon bar, the vibrations are quelled. The bike feels much more alive now- They feel great at speed. They flex in a vertical direction a teeny bit- so if you don't want any give, don't get these bars. If you need every bit of dampening help for a xc steel hardtail, look into this bar.

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Easton bontrager bar, Answer hyperlite, specialized alloy bar, etc...

Bike Setup:   Bontrager Race

Submitted by julio garcia a Cross Country Rider from temecula, Ca

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2005

Strengths:    A light weight and really strong bar. You can feel the bars flex a bit and this dampens alot of the vibrition. I've taken some nice big hits with them and they've held up just fine. You can't beat the price of these bars. Especially when they only weigh 174grams. Great for cross country and freeriding.

Weaknesses:    At first i didn't like the bars flexing, but once i got over worrying about breaking them i was fine. It's not like they flex a whole lot, you just feel them a little bit. They're suppose to do that. And after you've been riding with them for a wail you just don't notice anymore. I haven't had any problems with these bars at all. I just wounldn't put them or any other carbon bars for that matter on a down hill bike.

Bottom Line:
This is a great carbon bar for your money. You can't beat a 174g bar for $50 bucks. Great for cross country and freeriding. I wouldn't put this carbon bar or any carbon bar on a downhill bike. I've had this bar for about a year now on my freeride bike. I've ridden Big Bear Summit with it and they've been great. Taken some nice jumps and drops with them, but they've all been smooth landings. I just wouldn't go and do a ten foot flat drop with them. Thats just looking for trouble.

Purchased At:   online-Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Easton EC90 SL carbon flat bar.

Bike Setup:   Haro Extreme X1, XT components, 8" front rotor, sette carbon bars, seat post and bar ends.