Salsa Cycles Pro Moto Carbon Flat Bar Handlebar

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)
Weight : 140 grams MSRP : $138.00

Salsa Pro Moto Carbon riser and flat handlebars are constructed of high modulus carbon for added strength and durability. 25.4mm clamp diameter66cm width5 degree bendHigh modulus carbon for added strength and durabilityTrim-to-fit system: extra wide stock length, cutTo preferred width Compatible with bar ends, computers, lights, etc., Co-engineered by Salsa and Alpha Q

Submitted by dig slathig a Cross Country Rider from Pasadena, CA

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2010

Strengths:    lightweight, wide, and sexy.

Weaknesses:    crunches in at the stem clamp with less than the recommended torque and makes it unusable.

Bottom Line:
Clamped the bar into the stem with a torque wrench, as I'd done a million times before with the monkeylites. Thought I heard some crunchiness before I reached recommended torque, but ignored it and went riding for a year. No problem. Recently went in to switch bar to different bike and, OUCH! The bar is definitely crunched under the stem. Take to bikeshop for confirmation. Call Salsa and told probably not warranty. WHAT?
I will update but NO RECOMMENDO SALSA promoto carbon!

Purchased At:   speedgoat

Similar Products Used:   monkeylite's

Bike Setup:   awesome

Submitted by Berkeley Mike a Cross Country Rider from richmond

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2010

Strengths:    Nice finish. Light. Extra bend availible.

Bottom Line:
I changed from Mary bars which I used for their sweep as there were no other bars with the sweep I liked. I like carbon bars for the way they dampen the smaller ambient vibrations of normal riding and general pliance. When Salsa came out with the Pro Moto fFat Bar and the 17º sweep I jumped on it.

I have used Salsa products since Quill Stems and always liked their sense of design. I could have gone with a Riser and a lower stem. I have used risers only because they had a wider variety of sweep. I have never bought into the necessity of risers when a stem will do. I don't need the riser look.

The Salsa Pro Moto Carbon Flat Bar was unique at the time. The look is great and it performs as a handlebar should.

Favorite Trail:   Dippity-doo

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   easton monkeylite carbon riser

Bike Setup:   Bontrager Racelite. Thomson, DT Swiss/King, XTR, Fox.

Submitted by joe MTB a Downhiller from Ellettsville IN

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2009

Strengths:    Very light, looks great, very flexible, Cutting marks do make it easy and works well. End bars mounted well for carbon.

Weaknesses:    Had to adjust some hardware screws to put shifters back on. Listed instructions on web site better for other products. Not everyone has a torque wrench.

Bottom Line:
Great Product and back sweep makes bar feel wider. Flexible for hard hits and does ease some hand jarring. Mounted up quickly and was slightly larger then prevoius Ritchey aluminium flat bar. Had to look up directions which was easy, however many ideas out their to make the bar project go quicker are not in simple to follow instructions. I took many measurements and adjusted faily easy.

Favorite Trail:   Brown County

Price Paid:    $11900.00

Purchased At:   Cambia

Similar Products Used:   Easton, Richey

Bike Setup:   MTB 29er, TI hardtail

Submitted by jgriest03 a Racer from mission, ks

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2009

Strengths:    Awesome stiffness and vibration dampening. great sweep @ 17 degress

Weaknesses:    none so for

Bottom Line:
Great bar if you want to spend the cash, thats why I'm giving 4 chilis for value

Similar Products Used:   easton monkey lite, titanium flat bar(for sale)

Bike Setup:   Desalvo singlespeed 29er w/ fox f80

Submitted by Lothar Othp a Racer from Ocomukowonowaukesha, WI

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2008

Strengths:    Weight. Strength. Great for racing.

Weaknesses:    Crash it & replace it. Unnecessary for everyday freeriding.

Bottom Line:
Best carbon bar I've ever used. I've crashed it hard numerous times and it has not broken...crashes that would have certainly broken my Easton bar. I've seen Easton carbon bars break, and its not pretty. However, now that I'm not racing as much anymore I'm switching to an aluminum bar for durability.

Purchased At:   Speedgoat.com

Similar Products Used:   Easton carbon, lots of Al bars.

Submitted by Craig a Cross Country Rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2007

Strengths:    Very light, wide, looks good.

Weaknesses:    A bit pricey.

Bottom Line:
I replaced the Mary bar on my SS with this bar. I got the 11 degree bar and left it uncut. The Mary had a little too much rise for my 29er frame, so this bar is perfect. The 11 degree bend is comfortable, but still allows for good control on bumpy descents (my hands tended to wander a bit on the 40 degree Mary).

Overall, a very solid performer for single-speeding. If you don't mind dropping some coin for your components, check this bar out.

Favorite Trail:   Poto

Purchased At:   Paint Creek Bicycles

Salsa Pro moto Carbon Flat Bar??

I am currently running an Easton Monkey light SL low rise OS (31.8) on an El Mariachi w/ rigid fork and have thought about a 25.4 Pro Moto Carbon Flat bar 25.4 to add a bit more give but am concerned about the strength of the Salsa bar.... I have run alot of different Easton Carbon and CT2's and al ... Read More »

SPAM: Salsa Pro Moto Carbon Flat Bar

Check it out:[URL="http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=32067&cat=14"]http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=32067&cat=14[/URL]Read More »

Salsa Pro Moto Carbon Flat Bar

:???: I've decided to go w/ a flat bar on my Redline Monocog 29er. I like a wider bar on both my SS and my full squishy 26er so I've decided to go w/ the salsa. I am also hoping the carbon 25.4 bar soaks up a bit more vibration and bumps than the stock Easton O/S Riserbar. So... my question is. ... Read More »

Are SALSA PRO MOTO CARBON FLAT BAR compatible with bar ends or not?

Several (& I mean a LOT) of web-sites that sell them claim they are, but Salsa's web-site says no. I'm wanting the 660MM X 11° 31.8. I know I'm a dork, but I like bar ends, I don't however like trips to the hospital. Any ideas?Read More »

Salsa PRO MOTO™ Carbon Flat Bar??? [660mm width]

Anyone know if the Salsa PRO MOTO™ CARBON FLAT BAR is being offered in a 31.8mm clamp diameter? I've checked all the usual suspects and it appears to be 25.4mm only. FYI - this is Salsa's carbon flat bar - 660mm width with graduated ends for easy trimming offered in 5° or 11°. With the taller he ... Read More »