Ritchey WCS Carbon Rizer Handlebar

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)
Weight : 165 grams MSRP : $182.00

Ritchey takes weight seriously with its WCS line of race-ready components, and the WCS Rizer Carbon Handlebar lives up to those standards. Just remember it's your responsibility to wait for the rest of the riding group at trail intersections when the fatigue reducing, ultra-low weight, and razor-precise WCS Rizer takes you way off the front of the pack.Carbon layup is tuned for strength and vibration dampeningReinforced clamp area for shifter, brake, and bar endsTextured clamp area to reduce slippage

Submitted by Eric a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2012

Strengths:    Crazy light, strong, cuts down on vibrations a great deal, look great, antislip in the stem area

Weaknesses:    Locking grips wont grip

Bottom Line:
I love these bars, one of the best purchases I have made. Its crazy rocky here in AZ and these cut the vibrations down so much that I thought I was riding a Cadillac! Very light, perfect length and the are a gorgeous bar. My locking grips were slipping until I got some finish line carbon paste and now they dont budge. Overall highly recommended if you can get them lower than MSRP. Only have 50 miles on them so can not comment fully on durability yet and I am a light rider.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   Mix of XC and AM

Submitted by adept1 a Cross Country Rider from Singapore

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2008

Strengths:    Beautiful looking (much better than Easton, FSA, or Race Face), perfect width and rise (wider than most, but not as wide as the Monkeylite XC), stiff but still compliant.

Weaknesses:    None I've found. For the guy who complained about not being able to cut them because of the warranty, this is because the bars have aluminum inserts in the ends to make them compatible with bar ends. If you're not using bar ends (and who is using them nowadays?), then I don't see any problem trimming the bars. A little on the expensive side.

Bottom Line:
The geometry was perfect for me, and it's bling-bling beautiful.

Favorite Trail:   Bukit Timah

Purchased At:   Tay Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Metal bars

Bike Setup:   XC hardtail

Submitted by Bubbolo a Weekend Warrior from Italy

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2007

Strengths:    Cool design, light weight.

Bottom Line:
I like the bar and works great on my Heckler.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   SC Heckler, FOX, Mavic, Formula K24, XTR.

Submitted by brobbo a Weekend Warrior from Toronto

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2007

Strengths:    Looks, seem strong enough

Weaknesses:    Too long

Bottom Line:
These bars are just too long for mtn bikes. I found it put my center of gravity too far out to the sides. Not to mention going trough tight stuff is scary as you clip every tree.
More over, I asked Ritchie on tips in cutting them, and they said do not do it - warranties issues etc etc. At least Easton has a nice PDF on how to cut theirs.

Similar Products Used:   Easton Monkey Lite (Carbon)

Bike Setup:   Scott MC-10

Submitted by John Sordi a Weekend Warrior from Fresno, Ca, USA

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2007

Strengths:    Nice woven carbon material. Internal strength areas for clamping components. Oversize stem clamp area gives a rigid feel when riding. Very little to no flex noticed. A great fork for light trail riding. XC hammerheads can fing a lighter bar for less.

Weaknesses:    There are really no weaknesses with the exception of the weight not being what was stated. By my scale, the bars weigh approximately 180g, not the claimed 160g-165g. I have weighed other components to calibrate my scale.

Bottom Line:
I am really happy with the performance of the bars. Stiffness is good, appeal is good, weight is good. The only problem I have with them is the price I paid for a 180g carbon bar when the claimed weight was 15g-20g lighter than what I received. Overall, the WCS carbon rizer is a very nice unit. I'm giving them a 3 rating for value due to the misconception.

Favorite Trail:   Big Trees @ Bass Lake, Ca.

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Answer Pro Taper 25.4 160g - showed signs of fatigue after 3 years of use (approximately 3000 miles).

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur LT, Minute fork, Race Face cranks and stem, full XO drivetrain, Spinergy wheelset, Thomson post, WTB saddle, Ritchey WCS rizer carbon bars, basically a light trail setup.

WCS Rizer bar and ATAC XS Carbon pedals?

Looking for deals on a Ritchey WCS Rizer bar 31.8 and Time ATAC XS pedals. Saw the bar at jenson for $59.99 and the pedals there too for $149 (same at PP), a few days ago. Anything better? Edit: make both non-carbon. The pedals are twice as much for the carbon ones and only save 30 grams or so. P ... Read More »

Easton Monkeylite vs Ritchey WCS Carbon Low Rizer handlebar?

I'm trying to decide which handle bar to get that will replace my current ~160g heavier Easton EA30 handle bar. Do any of you fellow mtbr's have experience with both and why would you choose one over the other? Or if you have an alternative suggestion, I would appreciate if you post it, it would b ... Read More »