Ritchey Comp Flat Handlebar

Weight : 190 grams MSRP : $26.99

Mount the Ritchey Comp Flat Handlebar to your XC whip, and indulge the go-fast side of your off-road personality. The 580-millimeter width makes the Comp ideal for hardtails and short-travel full-sus rigs.

Submitted by travis.garrison a Cross Country Rider from Portland, OR, USA

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2010

Strengths:    - Light weight
- Good width
- Good bend angle
- Inexpensive

Weaknesses:    - Doesn't dampen vibration like a solid tube would

Bottom Line:
This bar is considerably lighter than the stock steel riser bar that I had before. At 580mm it is the perfect length for my shoulder width and gear to be mounted. The bar is relatively inexpensive and very sturdy. I haven't done any single track with it yet, but plan to once I leave Orlando.

Bike Setup:   K2 Zed 2.0 (2006), Forte Aerobar, Shimano M520 Pedals, Hutchinson Top Slick 2 26x1.0 tires, Ergon GP1 grips, Ibis bar ends, Knog Frog Leds, and Velocity Velo Plugs

Submitted by Foxman11 a Cross Country Rider from Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2010

Strengths:    Super light, strong and simple nice looking bar!

Bottom Line:
I have to agree with the other review. This handlebar is extremely light and durable. Compared to my specialized XC handlebar that I had on before this makes it feel like rebar. The best part of it all is that it's cheap compared to carbon bars that may be a few grams lighter! Definitely a great upgrade!!

Favorite Trail:   Lemoine's Point

Similar Products Used:   Specialized XC

Bike Setup:   Stumpjumper FSR Disc

Submitted by Dano a Cross Country Rider from Upstate Ny

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2006

Strengths:    Light, strong, nice finish

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
Wow, I couldn't believe how heavy my stock flat bars were. They feel like solid lead, probably could melt them down to make bullets. Well anyhow I bought these and WHAM my front end can actually wheely now. My stock bars we a slobby 16 oz. and my new comps are less than 4 oz. Now it's time to replace my stock seatpost as I am afraid to weigh it. All I can say is if you want a real nice set of flat bars that are cheap these are the ones. Holding them in my hands before I installed them they felt like a feather. I'm giving these babies 5 flamers for value as they are cheap as hell and 5 more flamers overall cause they exactly what I wanted. Very surprised how good they are for the price.

Favorite Trail:   all of them