Race Face Next XC Low Riser Handlebar

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The Next XC Riser Bar is light, strong, and affordable barThat is manufactured with a leading edge composite materials which allowThe barTo reach RaceFaces high strength standards while still coming in at an impressively low weight. 31.8mm clamp diameter Daily destructiveTesting from each production run ensures each bar meetsThe exacting Standards set by RaceFace Highest strengthTo weight ratio of any carbon bars availableToday Intended use: XC 5º rearward sweep, 4

Submitted by Johnny RC a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2012

Strengths:    This review is for the Next SL 3/4 rise bar.
Very stiff, responsive, clean lines, sharp looking. LIGHT.

Weaknesses:    Expensive, if you can get one on a good sale or clearance, do so.

Bottom Line:
Ended up winning these cheap on ebay, so gave them a shot. I like it very much. I actually put these on my AM bike, yes, I know they're for xc, but after lots of research into CF, especially the Santa Cruz video of their frame tests, I think these will handle my riding fine. These are 675mm wide, which seems narrow to some for AM, but I like it alot, and recently tried a Trek with the extra wide bar, 700+, and I didn't like that at all. Anyway, I find this bar very reactive, and tough so far. I did put some burly Lizard Skins lock on grips on it, with a big end cap to protect the bars, and in my recent wrecks, the bars have showed no problems.

Favorite Trail:   Silver Run

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager select aluminum

Bike Setup:   Titus El Guapo, AM setup, mainly SRAM x9

Submitted by Andrew a Cross Country Rider from New Zealand

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2009

Strengths:    This review for the Next Low Riser on my SuperLight and Next on my Kula. The bars look good,haven't scratched or broken and are light

Bottom Line:
They're handlebars and they're carbon. Not much to say 'cept they do the job and look smart.

Favorite Trail:   Kiriwhakapapa