Race Face Deus XC Riser Handlebar Handlebar

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Race Face Deus Riser 31.8 Handlebar. Designed using Race Face's optimized carbon technology process, Race Face Deus Riser bars are an engineering master piece.

Submitted by Muttonmark a Cross Country Rider from Midland, MI

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2012

Strengths:    Weight, strength

Weaknesses:    None yet. Except, I wish I could find it in the flat version, they don't make these any longer, once they are gone, they are gone.

Bottom Line:
The stem and bar came off of my Jamis XCT. I was thinking of going with carbon for my BMC Cockpit. When I took these off of my old bike, i couldn't believe how light the two were together! I grabbed the Carbon set that I had bought, and their really wasn't much difference. So I went with the Race Face. I love it! Very Comfortable. Light and Rigid. The finish tends to wear, but hey, its a mountain bike. Slight Rear Bend seems to fit me just fine, I'm 6'1", 185lbs. I just wish that they didn't stop making these a couple of years ago.

Favorite Trail:   Arcadia Dunes

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   EA70, EA50

Bike Setup:   2011 BMC Fourstroke FS01 Carbon, X-Fusion 100mm Fork, Race Face Deus XC Stem, Mavic Crossmax XT, Avid BB7 185FR/165R, Shimano XT Drivetrain, Oury Grips, Maxxis Ingnitor/Crossmark UST, Red Candy 3's.

Submitted by Jim Hogan a Weekend Warrior from Holyoke,MA. U.S.A.

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2008

Strengths:    I beat this bar with drops and alot of jumps. It handles them with ease. Perfect width and rise. Almost as light as carbon but it will not crack. I love the fact that the rearward bend is very little.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
This bar brings a light xc feel to the aluminum market. For me all the right angles.

Favorite Trail:   any trail

Purchased At:   family bike agawam

Similar Products Used:   Kore, Easton monkey light.

Bike Setup:   Giant reign0 08 all stock except seat (specialized rival sl

Submitted by mtbpebble a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2007

Strengths:    Light (only 200g for the 31.8)
Strong
Durable
2yr warranty

Weaknesses:    At 25" (640mm)I suppose it could be considered not wide enough for some people.

Bottom Line:
This bar is great, it's strong yet light. I've found it to be very durable too. It has been between two bikes and I've taken brakes / shifters / grips off heaps of times, changed stems etc yet it still looks better than the Hussefelt bars did after just one installation!
25" seems to be ample width for me, but you can almost run out of room if running just about full length grips in conjunction with grips shifters as well. The 1" rise is perfect and they mate to the Syncros FR stem very nicely

I think they're fantastic bars, great value & probably under-rated compared to others. I would highly recommend them for XC or AM riding.
If I was buying new bars right now it would be between these and maybe the Syncros Gain Bars.

Purchased At:   http://www.dropnzone.com

Similar Products Used:   Easton EA30, Truvativ Hussefelt, Truvativ Team, Stock Giant brand bar, Stock Specailized flat bar.

Bike Setup:   Was on an '06 Trance 3, now on an '07 Giant Alias. I'm yet to decide weather I will be putting it on my new STP when I get it in place of the RF Evolve bar that the STP comes with.

Submitted by Ben a Cross Country Rider from Columbia, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2007

Strengths:    Hasn't broken yet. No sign of abnormal wear and tear.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Sturdy bar so far. I like to ride aggressively on technical trails(rocky, rooty and small drops between 2-3 feet). I don't trust carbon fiber but I didn't want a heavy aluminum bar. The Deus XC fits what I was looking for perfectly. It's aluminum but still fairly lightweight.

Purchased At:   Competitve Cyclist

Bike Setup:   Epiphany, Talas RLC, Juicy 7's(185 up front & 160 in the back), X9 triggers and rear derailleur, Thomson Stem and Seatpost, XTR Front Derailleur, 990 cassette, Stylo 3.3 crankset, Crossmax ST wheelset, Intense system 4 2.25 up front and Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1 in the back, Crank Brothers Candy's, Rocket V Team saddle