Qranc Quickstik Handlebar

4.17/5 (6 Reviews)

Qranc Quickstik

Submitted by Rod Munch a Cross Country Rider from Santa Rosa, California

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2000

Strengths:    Price, strength & fatigue resistance, light weight

Weaknesses:    none for me

Bottom Line:
First off, I bought this bar for about $20 at Supergo. I don't know whether it was a inventory mistake at Qranc or what, but I applaud Qranc for allowing outlets to sell their products for below-MSRP. My review applies to all "forged" (they say it is, but how do you forge a tube?) 2000-series aluminum bars. This was the third bar on my M2. My AT-4 was sooper light, but too narrow. My EA70 bar was sooper light, but sooper thin and fragile... I'm 190 pounds and like to jump. I bought the Qranc because the 2014 aluminum forms a little thicker, with a small (less than the paint on your chainstays) weight penalty over most 7000-series bars. I've been perfectly happy with it. It is strong, wide, and has not failed from jumping (landing) or from crumpled ends at the bar end mounts. Full 5/5 for Qranc (still alive out there?), 2000-series forged bars, and MTB mfr's who allow their products to be sold by outlets for less-than-MSRP. Vive la Qranc!

Favorite Trail:   Mile O' Berms, Brentwood

Similar Products Used:   Easton EA70 bar, Scott AT-4, Ritchey Taperlite

Bike Setup:   1993 M2 Stump, '96 EFC, '96 XT

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Tucson, AZ

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2000

Strengths:    Light and really stiff

Bottom Line:
I'm 6'1" 200lbs and ride in rock Arizona. This bar doesn't creak, squeek, or flex. Feels really solid. It works great, but might be a little short for some riders who are wide in the chest.

Similar Products Used:   Old GT steel bar

Bike Setup:   Giant ATX-890, XT drivetrain, arch rival 50's, Manitou FS

Submitted by Mark a Cross-Country Rider from San Diego

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1999

Strengths:
Light, good looking

Weaknesses:
Damn thing broke

Bottom Line:
Watch out. This bar which I've had less than 18 months snapped while I was merely leaning on my bike during a break in a trail ride. Snapped right off just left of the stemp clamp. No warning, no creak or crack, just snapped off and left a jagged edge. This bar sucks. I

1 Year

Submitted by R. Booty a Weekend Warrior from Morgan City, LA 70380

Date Reviewed: July 3, 1999

Strengths:
Lightweight
Beadblasted grip area
Strenght
Line-up marks

Weaknesses:

Bottom Line:
Great handlebar at any price. Good strength to weight ratio (lighter than Kore Lite). It's marked to that you can easily line it up with the stem. The beadblasting helps keep the grip on straight.

Hooper

2 Years

Kore lite

Trek Y5, Judy SL, all XT, Spins, Kore, WTB enduroraptor

Submitted by Mt Biker a Cross-Country Rider from San Jose, CA

Date Reviewed: June 14, 1999

Strengths:
Very strong and tough through out.

Bottom Line:
This handle is replacement for my Zoom 150 which bent on the bar end side after crash.
This bar has thick wall and no problem for clamping bar end. Though I am tempting to buy TI handle bar, so far it has served me well. I give me five stars. However I am still wondering what people talking about the resillence feel of on the TI handle bar. Even though I have TI frame.

El Corte De Madera

2 Years

I have a Haro Impulse Comp which has Easton Program VariLite frame with full XTR. Last year I replaced the frame with Dean TI frame.

Submitted by Debo a Cross-Country Rider from Roanoke, VA

Date Reviewed: May 5, 1999

Strengths:
Light Weight,good looks,
low cost.

Weaknesses:
none found yet

Bottom Line:
Pretty good stuff, to be honest. Because it's so damn light, I expected it to have bent already, but it's held up well thus far. Four and a half chilis, because there's always something better. Hey! What's this Star shit for a rating? I'm pushing four stars, but I'd better see four and a half chilis!

not telling

6 months

Kalloy Aluminum--bowed up at a 45 degree angle after a sharp biff.

M2 Stumpjumper, XT, SX Ti.