Profile Racing FR Riser Bar Handlebar

4.67/5 (9 Reviews)

Profile FR Riser Bar

Submitted by Scott Philipps a Weekend Warrior from Caledon East

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2002

Strengths:    Wow its a great bar very strong..Looks GREAT! perefect rise and angle really helps my back when riding..light...everything fits on to it very well...price above is canadain

Weaknesses:    if i had to be extremly picky ide say the logos should be ingraved instead of printed

Bottom Line:
wow what great bars..i just went from stock 1" riser bars that came with my iguana and WOW whata differnce i can turn so much better it absorbes shock and dosnt flex hardly at all.. makes my bike look great! it also puts me in the perefect riding postion..

Purchased At:   cyclepath

Similar Products Used:   giant 1" riser bars

Bike Setup:   2002 Giant Iguana

Submitted by brendan mandzij a Cross Country Rider from western australia

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2001

Strengths:    Good value
pretty light(250grams)
good dimensions
seems stiff enough

Weaknesses:    i dont know what the other reviewers did with theirs, but mine bent within a month and that is on my gt agressor, which is much more xc than the "ultra fr" this bar is supposedly designed for.

Bottom Line:
These bars would be good for a xc rider or someone doing lite fr work, as they dont seem stong enough even for the easy stuff i do. very good 4 the dough though and infinately better than the stock stuff.

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   stock cr@ppy bars with bike

Bike Setup:   gt aggressor3, these bars

Submitted by jimmy otting a Weekend Warrior from burlington nj usa

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2001

Strengths:    you get great control them there pretty light and you can't beat the price

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
Great bars for the money

Favorite Trail:   everyone of them

Purchased At:   Mt. Holly Bikes

Similar Products Used:   stock bars

Bike Setup:   GT Backwoods

Submitted by Tod Carter a Weekend Warrior from Forest, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2001

Strengths:    Relieves pressure on lower back.

Weaknesses:    Very crowded with bar ends, grips and shifters.

Bottom Line:
Good control, very wide, allows you to cycle longer, good for lower back injuries. Crashed once, broke two ribs and the bar didn't bend, just me.

Favorite Trail:   Camp Kenny badlands

Purchased At:   Centre Ice Skate and Cycle, Sarnia, Ontario, Canada

Similar Products Used:   stock flat bars.

Bike Setup:   Giant 840

Submitted by Bryan Rozon a Downhiller from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2000

Strengths:    I got the gold colour one and it look awesome!!! it has the pefect rise for free riding! It is very light (lighter than easton monkey riser bar which is $70) it has basically no flex and has a lifetime warrenty.

Weaknesses:    I can not think of any... Seriously, I cant.

Bottom Line:
I would like to see you try and find a better deal than this bar! you cant! It is light, strong, good looking and has a lifetime warrenty for only $35.

Favorite Trail:   Shuniah Mines

Purchased At:   The Cyclepath

Similar Products Used:   azonic double wall riser

Bike Setup:   Iron-horse g-out, manitou fork, race face cranks, wild gripper lite - s tires. full XT(accept cranks and shifters) sram shifters and 858 pedals.

Submitted by Iam a Downhiller from Leicestershire UK

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2000

Strengths:    Looks, Colour Range, The Awesome Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee Profile have on all products in there range!!!!!

Weaknesses:    Thin 6061 ali (is it strong enough????)

Bottom Line:
Amazing bars! 20.00 English pounds and a lifetime guarantee
what more can you want? A Downhill/"Freeride" bar you can TRY and trash and you still get a new one - Bargain, matey. And i havent bent mine yet.
Oh and they do bare a serious likeness to the Answer Pro-Tapers! So you save £55.00!!!!!! What more can i say if your a Downhiller, or even a XC rider you can't go wrong.

Favorite Trail:   Harlestone Firs/Woburn Sands

Similar Products Used:   Azonics, Tranz-x, Planet-x, Pro-Tapers Most Bars!

Bike Setup:   Addiction Custom Build Frame, Helix Pro Shock, Zzyzx, Lx, Goldtec, Tioga, SDG & lots of special bits

Submitted by Fritz Lehr a Cross Country Rider from Chapel Hill, NC

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2000

Strengths:    - They feel great and when something feels good it makes you
faster and the ride more enjoyable. Prefer it to my
titanium flat bar.
- Carbon Fiber just looks cool.
- I won them in a race, so it was free

Weaknesses:    - Somewhat Heavy(I think it is 280 grams)
- Need wider trails to fit
- Hard to bolt equipment(lights, computer etc.) to bar b/c
of varying widths and curves(2" riser bar)and extremely
difficult to get into side loading stems

Bottom Line:
This is a great bar, I won it in a race so I do not know the price or anything about the warranty. I reluctantly tried the bar and now I don't think I can go back to a flat bar. I didn't think I would ever want anything other than my Ti bar, but this bar changed my mind. I may like it b/c it is wider and I am big guy with wide shoulders, so it fits me better. Whatever the reason, I feel more comfortable and more in control and that makes the ride that much more enjoyable.
Oh yes, I tried going back to the flat bar and I found it very difficult to ride, but like I said it might just be the fit (if it doesn't fit you must aquite, or something like that). Great bar, especially if it has a lifetime warranty, I say give it a try.

Similar Products Used:   *Scott black magic 150g Carbon bar(only broke off bar end, a great handlebar). *Topo XC 220- a 220 g aluminum riser bar. *Topo 140g 3AL/2.5V titanium bar and other aluminum flat bars no longer made.

Bike Setup:   Large Ellsworth Truth, XTR, Race Face Cranks, Kore Stem, Thompson seatpost, Cane Creek shock.

Submitted by Alex Garcia a Cross Country Rider from Houston,tx

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2000

Strengths:    Heavy Duty tubing, inexpensive, nice rise and angle

Weaknesses:    A few grams heavier than the expensive bars

Bottom Line:
For all around thrashing, hittin the dropoffs and helpin lighten that front end(puts your weight back a bit and helps you loft that front end at will) risers cant be beat. I'm sure the Easton bars and the like are lighter and just as effective, but if your just gittin into risers and you dont want to invest 100 bucks in a handlebar then check these out. Got mine for 24 frogskins and I'll never go back to straight bars again. RISERS RULE!!! PS: Ive got these puppies on both my bikes cuz they ROCK...

Favorite Trail:   HoChiMinh