Profile Racing Fiber RS Handlebar

4.41/5 (27 Reviews)

Profile Fiber RS

Submitted by royce from Onida SD

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
Buy the bar,if you want strength,looks,durability and handling.All at a price way below Easton.Don't buy it if you want the lightest carbon riser on earth.

Favorite Trail:   porcupine rim

Submitted by Dave Strain a Weekend Warrior from Richmond

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2002

Strengths:    lost the bike off the trunk rack at 60 mph and the bar didn't break! good vibration damping.

Weaknesses:    it did bend and crack the carbon (not that any other bar wouldn't have been trashed)

Bottom Line:
Strong friggen bar. I'll get another and never have to worry if it will snap! Make sure the stabilizer blockes on your rack can't come loose and slide off, but that's another review post.

Favorite Trail:   doingitoutdoors

Purchased At:   Kesslers

Similar Products Used:   answer protaper carbon (on the xc), Yeti DH

Bike Setup:   GT STS, Bomber QR20, TX discs, Rhinolites and weirwolf 2.5s, R.derailleur guard. only thing I had to replace was the H-bar!

Submitted by Steve a Downhiller from Mississauga

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2001

Strengths:    Looks, durability, comfort

Weaknesses:    carbon finish cracks

Bottom Line:
This is the fourth year riding with these handlebars!
They still feel amazing and I haven't broken them yet, maybe im not riding hard enough or these babies are strong as heel.

I have come away from a number of bailed jumps, thrown a lot of downhill rut bashing and trials at it, and this bar just grunts for more.

Anyways, I don't know when it will break, but if it will I will probably buy another one.

Favorite Trail:   urban/dirt/technical

Similar Products Used:   azonic pyramid riser

Bike Setup:   look at my review three posts below.
+ added a psylo sl tullio a couple months ago

Submitted by Billy a Cross Country Rider from San Diego, Ca.

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2001

Strengths:    light, strong, absorbs some shock

Weaknesses:    The bar has aluminum inserts on the sides to accept bar ends; and one of them broke loose.

Bottom Line:
These are nice bars, built with an Aluminum core covered with a thin layer of carbon fiber and aluminum inserts for bar ends. After one of the inserts broke loose, I called Profile to ask what kind of adhesive to use to repair it, and the warranty guy, John Cameron, told me to send it in and they would send me a replacement. $4 to ship it and a week later I had a brand spankin' new bar. Excellent customer service and warranty. However, they only get 4 chillis since they did break and to send it in cost me $4 and I had to go without a bar on my bike for a week.

Favorite Trail:   Noble Canyon

Purchased At:   Cambriabike.com

Similar Products Used:   Specialized bars, Profile Aluminum riser bars.

Bike Setup:   Single Speed with bar ends and oury grips

Submitted by mark sweeney a Weekend Warrior from salt lake city,utah,usa

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2000

Strengths:    good looks, light, nice bend, good absorbtion, lifetime warranty

Weaknesses:    ?

Bottom Line:
Chuck your flat bars and bar ends. For downhills and technical these bars rip. I'm amazed at how much more control I have over the bike nowadays. Allows you to get into an aggressive moto style posture(elbows out and up). Bunny hopping and jumping in general become much easier. Simply push the bars to one side and you can flick the bike sideways into a turn. My fun factor has doubled. I'm 6'4" and find my back and neck much less fatigued during/after riding. Only downside I see with riser bars are that they bring your weight up higher in the front making very steep climbs a little tougher but overall the benefits FAR outweigh this. Buy these or some other risers. Don't waste any more time with narrow flat bars. They give you no leverage or range of movement.

Favorite Trail:   porcupine rim, wasatch crest

Purchased At:   bikeworld.com

Similar Products Used:   any moto bars

Bike Setup:   Univega 900 S,rock shock judy xc

Submitted by Steve a Racer from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2000

Strengths:    the looks, lifetime warranty, vibration dampening,
improved handling.

Bottom Line:
these bars have been bashed for about three years now (bought them in '97) and have still held up to my riding abuse. i am confident in these bars will last for quite a while. the sweep and two inch rise are comfortable for my wrists and provide good support for my shoulders.

don't think twice about purchasing this bar, it's strong, have a great lifetime warranty, and the carbon weave looks splendid!

Similar Products Used:   azonic pyramid riser, various flat bars.

Bike Setup:   profile fiber riser mated with raceface system
full xtr/xt mega9 giant cadex alm

Submitted by ERic A a Cross Country Rider from Sioux FAlls SD

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2000

Strengths:    Light weight . good looking . good feeling

Weaknesses:    my cycling friends make fun of me and call me a sissy

Bottom Line:
bought this bar to move my body geometry about 5 degrees more upright so I would have more contol and see the trails better . and that;s exactly what it did . being that;s it's wider than flat bars this makes for excellent control . and the carbon fiber construction really takes the edge off rough trails . the price is right to for quality

Similar Products Used:   easton CT2 / coda expert

Bike Setup:   cannondale F700

Submitted by SPO a Downhiller from RI

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2000

Strengths:    Price, weight, looks, feel, life time warranty

Weaknesses:    Make sure the monkeys at the bike shop go easy on the tourque.

Bottom Line:
OK very simple folks, life time warranty on anything is just an out right dare to buy it and try to destroy it. I have crashed, stepped over an endo, bounced off trees, and spanked myself playing around with wheelies, these bars last. Frankford has them for 49 bucks, light, strong, look cool, oh and did I mention the life time warranty??? As my freind says, "Man these bars make me ride a hundred times better!"

Favorite Trail:   Lost in Arcadia

Bike Setup:   KHS full suspension

Submitted by Jason Musgrave a Cross-Country Rider from Montebello VA

Date Reviewed: October 26, 1999

Strengths:
Light weight
Looks great!
Comfortable riser bar

Weaknesses:
It CRACKED!

Bottom Line:
I liked it alot untill I was selling the bike and discovered that it had cracked underneath right next to the stem. It looks awesome and I loved the size of it, because I have wide shoulders.

Shoe-creek loop

1 Year

Answer Hyperlite
CODA Competion

Cannondale CAAD-3
xt&xtr

Submitted by Jonathan a Cross-Country Rider from Toronto, ON

Date Reviewed: August 10, 1999

Strengths:
Light, cool looks, stiff, absorbs vibrations, damn good price

Weaknesses:
Not quite as sexy as the Monkey Lite bar

Bottom Line:
I just put these on today and only tested them on the 4km ride home from work. The Fiber RS works great. It looks soooo cool and it works. Lifetime warranty and I got last year's riser for half price. I will update later on after some more serious riding.

19 Valleys@Collingwood

less than 1 month

'99 Trek 8000 stock

Submitted by AL FRANCISCUS a Weekend Warrior from LA CA

Date Reviewed: June 22, 1999

Strengths:
VERY STIFF VERY LIGHT ONLY 250 GRAMS FULLY CARBON FIBER RAP LOOKS ARE GREAT PRICE IS NOT BAD AT ALL ABOUT 60 BUCKS

Weaknesses:
NONE IF DONT OVER TIGHTEN

Bottom Line:
GET IT

MOUNT TOM

1 Year

SCOTT BLACK MAGIC

CUSTOM HARDTAIL FOR STREET USE ONLY TO GO TO WORK

Submitted by Nathan Demarcos a Cross-Country Rider from Cranbrook, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 5, 1999

Strengths:
light, strong, stiff

Weaknesses:
alumium ends bend to easy

Bottom Line:
this is a great bar for anyone who is a avid cross-country rider to a serious free-rider. I am very hard on my bike and just about the only thing I have not had problems with yet is the profile bar. A bar with a lifetime warrenty, I recomend to any one!

less than 1 month

I have a Kona Hahanna with RS Quadra 21R's

Submitted by Jamie a cross-country rider from Boston

Date Reviewed: February 13, 1999

Bottom Line:

Let's get something straight - for the most part I hate carbon fiber. However, it does have it uses like in the Profile RS. Because of the aluminum core the bars will sag if they become fatigued, not shear like a normal carbon bar (dangerous). Profile also has an awesome warranty and the price is great.

Submitted by Adam Simpson a cross-country rider from hamilton, Ontario

Date Reviewed: December 8, 1998

Bottom Line:

I bought the Profile XC CF bar last year for 65$ CDN. I was amazed at the low price. I bought it because of 1) Lifetime warranty 2) coolness factor 3)price.
I have not been disappointed at all. Profile is obviously very confident with this product to offer a lifetime warranty. I race, do hardcore xc riding, and some abusive 'playing around' at the university campus on stairs, dropoffs, concrete ledges, etc. This bar is super. During one race, I thought I felt a bit of flex in the bar on a steep torquing climb but have not felt it since. One warning though, do not overtighten bar-ends to the aluminum bits at the end of the bar. IF they get flattened at all, the aluminum bit will possibly loosen. Ask the bike shop if you don't know how much torque to tighten the bar ends with.

Submitted by James a cross-country rider from Austin, TX

Date Reviewed: September 8, 1998

Bottom Line:

Love my Profile CF riser. Feels like it absorbs some trail 'buzz' and is pretty light to boot. I've been riding it hard for about 3 months now, with barends (can't live without 'em) and haven't had a problem. Previously had a similar flat bar and the durability was great. I did break it eventually but it held up longer than any alluminum bar would have. Got it at Bikeworld for a great price. My only complaint is that the riser section comes out too far so I can't move my brake levers in far enough, but I'm using separates and barends so that's my problem. Upgrading to all-in-one Shimano pods should fix that. Love these bars.