Profile Design Solar RS Handlebar

• Aluminum Bar Tip Inserts
  • Flat or Rise Styles

Submitted by Sean Davidson a Racer from Richmond, ME

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2007

Strengths:    Light, durable, strong

Weaknesses:    One inch too wide for racing. Fixed this weakness.

Bottom Line:
I've ridden these bars in pretty extreme conditions for a cross country rig, feel they've held up as well as any all mountain bar would have. I cut them down 1/2 inch on each side for racing without a problem. I was nervous at first riding these on downhill trips with drops up to three feet but haven't had any doubts after the abuse they've taken. Sure, one day they may snap but any other bar would probably do the same after what I put them through. I've even crashed at 30 mph into rocks, bars taking much of the hit, without a hint of damage. Great buy.

Favorite Trail:   Downieville

Purchased At:   Jocelyns

Similar Products Used:   first carbon bar

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Superlight

Submitted by airman a Cross Country Rider from Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2007

Strengths:    Light, nice bend, flexes to absorb shock

Weaknesses:    None I've found

Bottom Line:
This was my first carbon riser bar and was a great experience. I've just replaced it after 3 years because I am worried about carbon bars breaking and I figure I've got my use out of this one - it was really inexpensive too. The bar has a nice sweep back and just enough rise to make it really comfortable. It has the nice carbon weave look and has aluminum inserts in the ends for protection. Mine weighed 175g which is not super light, but that wasn't my main concern. The bar has a nice amount of flex and is less fatiguing than the aluminum flat bars I've used before. This really helped during marathon and 24 hour racing. Reliability has been perfect although I haven't had any nasty falls and don't do drop offs... I weight 180lbs and these bars have been a real pleasure to use! Unfortunately I don't have anything other than the RaceFace Next riser to compare to - and it stacks up fine although it has more flex than the RaceFace bar.

Purchased At:   Chucks Bikes

Similar Products Used:   RaceFace Next carbon riser

Bike Setup:   K2 Razorback

Submitted by Albert Orbinati a Weekend Warrior from Topeka, KS USA

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2005

Strengths:    This is the first carbon bar that I have owned, and have heard of the accolades that carbon gets. Compared to any aluminum bar, this one is superior in vibration dampening, it's nice and wide, and light. I'm a fan.

Weaknesses:    Dont overtighten the stem clamp or you'll get a nice creaking sound. This is the case with any carbon part.

Bottom Line:
Great price, lightweight, good vibration dampening, looks great!

Favorite Trail:   Governor's Mansion

Purchased At:   Capp's Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Several lightweight aluminum risers

Bike Setup:   DBR Apex - X.0, X.9, XT, XTR, custom wheels

Submitted by Mark B. a Weekend Warrior from Ft. Wayne, IN, USA

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2004

Strengths:    light weight, rise/sweep, muted graphics

Weaknesses:    matte finish, vibration transfer

Bottom Line:
Love the light weight, but since I never used a carbon bar before, I guess maybe I was expecting too much in the vibe-damping dept. On my old bike, the bar seemed to pull a 1/2-pound off the front of the bike, and on this one, it seems to balance out the ride, but the vibration is very much there. Good and stiff, but hell on the hands.

Purchased At:   frankford bikes