On-One Fleegle Handlebar

• 716.7mm (28.2in) length
  • 6061-T6 alloy

Submitted by Earthpig a Cross Country Rider from Boise

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2010

Strengths:    Nice 'n' wide. If correctly positioned/angled, perfect hand position for out of the saddle hammering.

Weaknesses:    It ain't light. Nor is it particularly cheap for an alloy bar.

Bottom Line:
Purchased this bar after finding that my traditional choice of riser bar wasn't going to cut it on a 29'er (put the bars up higher than a I prefer, even with no spacers and turning the stem upside down.) However, when I first tried it, I installed it much like a traditional bar, so the bar would slightly angle downward. Bad move. I took it off and swore to not ride it again. But, I rode a friend's bike with the bar angled up - and then I got it. So, proper set up is the key. Once I reinstalled it with the proper set up, I've bought another and am very happy with both. Perhaps the best bar for singlespeeding, due to the perfect hand position and width to get maximum leverage while out of the saddle hammering.

Favorite Trail:   happy ones

Similar Products Used:   Various riser bars and other flat bars.

Bike Setup:   Have used the fleegle on a number of frames, including an On One Inbred, a Zion 853, and a Soul Cycles Hooligan.

Submitted by D1PHAM a Cross Country Rider from Santa Clara, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2009

Strengths:    Wide (28.5") with comfortable sweep (15*) and very stiff for a 25.4 bar. The forward sweep offsets the need for a longer stem which is very nice. Plenty of leverage sitting or standing. Provides increase control over a standard/shorter flat bar.

Weaknesses:    Weight (330 grams).

Bottom Line:
Great alternative bar. Very comfortable and stiff. A good amount of sweep and provides plenty of control and leverage. Go get one!

Favorite Trail:   Skeggs

Purchased At:   Unrealcycles.com

Similar Products Used:   Random flatbars.

Bike Setup:   On-One Scandal 29er.

Submitted by AK47 a Cross Country Rider from Folsom, CA

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2008

Strengths:    Width, more natural hand positioning, no rise, less fatigue in shoulders and neck, designed for 29ers!

Weaknesses:    It's maybe a little heavier than other bars, but that's about it.

Bottom Line:
A really nice bar, especially if you have problems with hand fatigue and your hands going numb on longer rides like I did. For me the Fleegle didn't totally eliminate this (I'm 42 so that might be working against me), but it made things a lot more comfortable. The extra width on the bar is great, and I feel like it opens my chest a bit, allowing me to breathe easier. I really like the width and hand positioning while doing extended climbing as well.

The Niner FlatTop 9 was the first bar I ran on my MCR 9 and it's a real nice bar as well. I think I'm sold on the Fleegle, though.

Favorite Trail:   South Yuba

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   Niner FlatTop 9

Bike Setup:   MCR 9 w/ Reba SL 80mm fork, American Classic wheels and hubs, Avid BB7 brakes, RaceFace Deus crankset, Shimano XT 11-34 cassette, 2.5 WTB Weirwolf front time, 2.3 WTB Exiwolf rear tire, Thompson layback seatpost, WTB Laser V Saddle, RaceFace Deus stem, Oury lock on grips, Shimano XT Dual Control shifters, Shimano 540 pedals

Submitted by Brent Smith a Weekend Warrior from Fort Myers, Fl

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2007

Strengths:    comfy, wide

Weaknesses:    they arent cheap.

Bottom Line:
Freakin awesome nothing compares to the fleegle! If you like wide bars with killer sweep, if your hands go numb on long rides buy these bars you will thank yourself. dont buy if you are a hardcore bad to the bones spandex wearin cross country rider.

Similar Products Used:   bontrager flat bar, azonic 2" riser

Bike Setup:   96 GT Avalanche, race face cranks, chris king headset, mavic 221 rims, conti 1.3 inch tires.

Submitted by Chris b a Weekend Warrior from Richmond, VA

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2006

Strengths:    W I D E
wow these bars are super wide at over 28" . The best part of these bars is the sweep. I really prefer a greater sweep that most "common" bars don't have.

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
These are great bars if you are looking for more rearward sweep. The sweep really makes my wrists and arms much more comfortable during and after a ride. These bars are stiff when it comes to steering the bike with just enought flex to take the sting off the trail. On-One makes a great product and I would recommend them to anyone who likes to customize their ride to suit their personal taste.
I have a Mary bar too and they are great as well.
5 chillis for Value and 5 for performance.

Favorite Trail:   Buttermilk

Purchased At:   On-One

Similar Products Used:   Easton Monkey light XC , Titec Flat tracker , On-One Mary bars, LP composites DH bar.

Bike Setup:   120mm stem, 5" travel front and rear lighter XC type machine