Niner Bikes Flat Top Carbon Handlebar

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The Niner Carbon Flat Top bar features finely engineered carbon for increased ride quality and comfort. Carbon bars also employ a unique 5mm rise/drop, via an offset bulge in the bar's center section.

Submitted by trevrev97 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2013

Strengths:    Light, 5 Deg difference just by flipping the bar, Vibe absorption, wide, looks great!! 5 year warranty

Weaknesses:    Little pricey thats it!

Bottom Line:
I went from a Niner Alloy bar to this bar and the difference was noticeable right away, stiff with out being harsh!

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Purchased At:   No Boundaries

Similar Products Used:   Salsa Carbon Pro Moto, Niner Alloy bar, Easton Carbon bars.

Bike Setup:   Air Nine Carbon SS rigid

Submitted by SSearchVT a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2012

Strengths:    Absorb vibration, light, strong, 5 year warranty.

Weaknesses:    Not cheap - actually, quite expensive... But as with many other things - you get what you pay for.

Bottom Line:
I opted to spoil myself and get some carbon bars to try to trim a little weight of the bike (mainly it was just to get something nice for myself). They replaced a pair of Salsa Pro-Moto's that were still in perfect shape. I had the existing grips transferred over as well. The weight reduction for just the bars is significant, but when the entire bike is taken into account is very minor.

On the first part of the ride it almost felt as if I was wearing and extra pair of gloves. I felt slightly disconnected from the trail - it was the minor vibrations not making it to my hands. The bars worked perfectly - when I turned them, they turned the bike - just like the aluminum ones I replaced... BUT - My hands did not get tired or go to sleep as they had on just about every ride previously. On previous rides on the exact same trails I would need to shake the blood back into my fingers at least 2 or 3 times, especially on longer downhill sections with a lot of braking.

Bike Setup:   Niner RIP-9, 2010, small. SRAM X-9 2x10