Kore Lite 2 Handlebar

• Available with 3° or 5° bends 580mm width

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Jacob O'Neall from Eubank,Kentucky, USA

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2003

Strengths:    everything: light, my Kore Lite 1 weighs 145g; strong, I actually used it on a freeride bike for a fullyear, with no problems; cheap, I bought 2 for $15.00 from Price Point;High Quality, USA made

Weaknesses:    Are you kidding? NONE, this bar doesn't have a weakness

Bottom Line:
    Does its job, and does it well. Even at the regular $40.00 price, this would beat any handlebar for value, and it's perfomance back up its value. It's extremly strong, and alothough its also incredibly stiff, it is somehow very forgiving, and provides a good amount of vibration dampening normaly only found in Ti & carbon bars (and the Kore is more durable since it's aluminum) Also, the Kore light 1 bar is fairly light, I read that it weighs 145g, which is great, considering the pounding I gave it on my freeride bike.(I weigh about 170-175) It was on my freeride bike for about a year, and it withstood numerous hard landings off of drops, jumps, stairs, ramps, and of course, crashes. Even after all that, I put it on my XC bike, and it still looks new, since the quality paint has no scratches. Trail riders, XC racers, and even some freeriders should buy these handlebars.

Favorite Trail:   any that's rough & technical

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   many, Syntace VRO, Kalloy, Bontrager Crow Bar, Kore XC Riser

Bike Setup:   The bar was on a freeride bike, but it's now on my xc bike: It's a Schwinn S-30 single pivot frame: WTB Nano Raptor DNA 2.0 tires, Formula hubs, Sram Esp 7.0 Shifters and Rear derailer, Truvativ Firex cranks, Cane-Creek headset, Ritchey Vector comp saddle, Control Tech seatpost, Marzocchi Z-5 100 air fork, Avid SD3 brakes, Kore lite 1 flat bar, Schwinn computer & light, Dimension flat xc pedals(I love flat pedals)

Submitted by Lee a Cross Country Rider from Boston, MA

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2002

Strengths:    have had no problems with my handlebar. they are light, strong, and have lasted for 2 years. no complaints

Weaknesses:    crashed hard in april, slightly compressed the end of the bar were my bar end was, but i crashed hard, hit rock hard, so thats to be expected.

Bottom Line:
    Great bar for the price, why spend 2 or 3x's as much. have had no problems with my bar. buying a kore xc riser for my Giant NRS that I'm building. Never had a problem with a Kore Component and they're a lot cheaper than similar products. Probably not the best for downhill or freeride, but thats pretty obvious. For xc riding, this bar is great.

Purchased At:   stock on mrazek hardtail

Bike Setup:   Mrazek BOH FX Hardtail, xt, mavic 225's, kore post, stem, bar.

Submitted by SGT. ROCK a Racer from Edmonton, AB

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2002

Strengths:    Light, inexpensive, well finished, correct width

Weaknesses:    Ends not reinforced

Bottom Line:
    Good bar, light, 3 deg. bend, correct width. Alignment marks are accurate and useful. No reinforcement for bar ends, but no problems yet, either. Happy with purchase.

Purchased At:   Cambria

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Race, Control Tech

Bike Setup:   Who cares?

Submitted by Ty Law a Racer from Boston, MA

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2002

Strengths:    Amazing handlebar. Hands Down best value for the money. This bar is a gift from God

Weaknesses:    Ha!

Bottom Line:
    Amazing bars. Craftsmanship is 2nd to none! Metal is amazing! Best bar ever ridden! Technology in this bar is incredible! A true Modern Marvel of science and technology. Get yours for $10

Favorite Trail:   NAM

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   other handlebars

Bike Setup:   Giant NRS

Submitted by your hero from boston

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2002

Strengths:    it is strong, light, strong, inexpensive, and did i mention strong?

Weaknesses:    it...wait this product has absolutely no weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
    this product is super strong. If i wanted to i could take it off my bike, use it as a crow bar, beat a rhino to death, put it back on my bike and it would still be the best out there.

Favorite Trail:   you name it

Similar Products Used:   some no name that i broke

Submitted by joseph barnwell a Racer from jacksonville al us

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2002

Strengths:    a strong none flexing barnfor a cheap price. i have it on both my mud bike and my race bike. i love it. it does not even creak when i am in a race and putting a lot of stress on it when i jump logs and stuff.

Weaknesses:    NONE!!

Bottom Line:
    great bar for any one that is looking for a good deal on a light bar.

Favorite Trail:   ironlegs

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   EASTON EA 70

Bike Setup:   caloi comp w/ xt lx group easton bar ritchy stem and wheelset thompson post xt hubs continental explorer and twister tires

Submitted by James a Weekend Warrior from Somerville, MA

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2002

Strengths:    According to PP, I actually have the lite 1, but even still, it's a simple, cheap, STRONG STRONG STRONG bar. I use it on my commuting bike which sees uphill climbs, downhill dirt, stairs, etc. No flex, no creaks, no flexing... adn I weigh 260, so that says a lot.

Weaknesses:    it doesn't come with a 6 foot blonde to serve me beer.

Bottom Line:
    Massive upgrades on my trail bike meant that this bike got some leftovers, and some new parts. The handlebars were new. I yank and crank on em from time to time, lean hard on em when I'm bouncing my way down some stairs... haven't tried standing on em yet though.
    Bonty bars get good reviews... maybe the OEM stock stuff isn't as good. Bonty makes my hands hurt. BAD hurt. Tried new stem, fork, grips, everything. With all the money I blew on my Trek this winter (only the frame and handlebars are stock now... spent roughly $1000 on upgrades) I hadn't bought new handlebars yet.
    This plain, straight, cheap bar doesn't make my hands hurt. It puts up with the stress of me cranking on it, and just...works. So I just ordered another one for the Trek. For a $10 bar to do so well, and be so D***ed comfortable, I can't help but max it out.

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager crow bar sport, stock on my trek 6700. That thing makes my hands hurt after 10 minutes. Score another point for this bar.

Bike Setup:   Nashbar steel frame, (great for $70) Kore Lite 3 stem (great for the money, and strong, but the bolt heads are weak, so the sockets strip out too easy) And most of the old stock stuff from the Trek.

DH or freeride lite bike for 5'2" woman

I am am hoping you all can help me out. I am looking for a mini-dh/light freeride bike for a fit and strong smaller woman. She is about 5'2" and 110lbs or so. Powerful upper and lower body, otherwise slender. She rides A-line level at Whistler and is fast enough to huck-to-flat on accident. Currentl ... Read More »

Rockshox Maxle Lite 15mm thru forks and Hope Pro 2 Evo a play free fit?

Looking at doing a custom wheelset for a Santa Cruz Superlight 29er. Want to go with the Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs for front and rear. HOWEVER, having owned WTB superduty running on the maxles on my Nomad I remember that not all hubs work well with the RS front maxle. Also experienced the same play issue ... Read More »

Do not use Maxle Lite axle with Hope Pro 2 12mm hub axle

Hi! Seems that Hope Pro 2 12mm hub axle cannot handle the Maxle Lite. :nono: Snapped in two pieces last weekend. [IMG]http://mikko.pictures.fi/kuvat/MTB/SAM_0023_800x600.JPG/_big.jpg[/IMG] Nothing to do with HD directly. Seems also that I am not the only [URL="http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.p ... Read More »

Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 on Bontrager Race Lite TLR's...

So I blew my XDX today, so I decided to try the Maxxis rear tire that came with my bike. They are not tubeless, but I thought I read somewhere that they will work anyway. Being a newb to tubeless tires, I mounted the tire on my rims first (Bontrager rimstrips were already in there) and hit it with ... Read More »

lite front D for 2 by 9

Just put on my ti 27 by 58mm ti rings from Mattias. Fantstic Now looking for new front D....braze on with band-28.6. Current set ups M970 (heavy) & Scahs quartz old sch but it works- 2 diff bikes. Must be top pull. Nino can you still do the little adjuster to convert from bottom to top pull? All ... Read More »