Jones H-Bar Handlebar

TIG welded, 3AL-2.5V Seamless Titanium with a 1" main tube which is round in the center and tapers to a 7/8" oval where it meets and is welded to the 7/8" grip tubes. The tubes have different wall thickness to optimize strength and weight.

Submitted by mick a Weekend Warrior from Canberra Australia

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2012

Strengths:    Excellent product (H Loop Alum Bar). Thought about MTB Drop Bars but decided against them. The H Loop is a better alternative. I have stopped riding single-track due to a knee injury. This bar allows me to ride long distances on fire trails and dirt roads with plenty of hand position options. The 45 degree sweep seems more natural than the previous bars I have used. No flex noticed so far but I have only used them for 3 months. Buy if you need a variety of hand positions and comfort for long rides.

Bottom Line:
Versatile bars for a reasonable price.

Favorite Trail:   Sparrow Hill

Purchased At:   Jonesbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   None, just the usual riser and non-riser MTB bars over the years, fine for single track.

Bike Setup:   2006 Cannondale Rush 4, rigid salsa 29er forks, Brooks Professional saddle, Mavic Crossride wheelset.

Submitted by Drevil a Cross Country Rider from College Park, MD

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2009

Strengths:    Great shape and angle
Light for the amount of material
Takes the sharp-edged sting out of rough trails
Plenty of places to mount accessories
The forward extensions give you a great hand position on smoother fireroads

Weaknesses:    Expensive
A little heavy for the weight weenie

Bottom Line:
I've been using the Jeff Jones H-bars for over 3 years. I really like the swept back position, in addition to all the other positions that it gives you: on the flats in the center, over the crossbar section, the forward extensions. Another thing I like about it is that it moves the flat cross bar section forward (at least with all my setups) so that when I'm goofing around with my hack-job trials skills, I don't bang front of my legs on the bars. It also allows me to lean way back in a comfortable position, while still maintaining a solid grip.

On long rides (I've done >10 12/24-hour and long-distance races with them), the bars remain comfortable for the duration. I should mention that I only use rigid forks on all my bikes.

I've tried going back to straight bars, and my hands started to hurt after not too long. I'm a JJ H-Bar (and Loop and J-bar) convert, and I'm not going back to straight. Ever. :)

Favorite Trail:   Frederick Watershed

Purchased At:   Directly from Jeff J

Similar Products Used:   On-One Mary, Moustache, Salsa 17 deg bend

Bike Setup:   I use them on all my bikes: JJ SpaceFrame, Matt Chester Mutinyman, On-One Inbred, Jamis Exile 29er

Submitted by Stefano T. Fabrizi a Cross Country Rider from Italy

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2009

Strengths:    Great design, Titanium fine gripped and wrapped with cork.
Great shape for better handling in several conditions. Better hands position increases control and power up hill.
Wide hand position "open" your chest for better breath and shoulder muscles work out. Fine control downhill

Weaknesses:    High price for the Ti version. Nice price (60 Euros) in aluminium one, by the licensed Titec.Weight is a little penality, in the feeling control at the first time.Some little problem with trigger and twist shifter position.

Bottom Line:
I love Jones products, as they are designed, crafted and tested carefully by Jeff. I fully tested the aluminium version by Titec and I have changed my style of riding in better. Titanium version has natural shock absorbing qualities. The Jones handlebars (Loop H-bar, Cut H-bar, Original H-bar,) are an important upgrade to your bicycle set up, off the mass market products. Get it!

Favorite Trail:   Crete island track

Purchased At:   Jeff Jones

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Turner Flux DW links, full XTR, DT Suisse XR 1450 wheelset, SDG seat post, SDG BelAir saddle, Thomson 4x stem, Wipperman teflon coated chain, Look Quartz Ti pedals, Tune skewers, any kind of tyres sets...