FSA Gravity Carbon DH Riser Bar Handlebar

Submitted by dsw1204 a Weekend Warrior from Cincinnati, OH

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2011

Strengths:    Light, strong, very cool looking, kills the road buzz.

Weaknesses:    Absolutely nothing

Bottom Line:
These are fantastic handlebars. I am mostly a commuter and myy bike is a fantastic bike. The only thing missing was a carbon fiber fork. It came with an aluminum fork and aluminum flatbars. This setup picked up every road buzz on the road and transferred this buzz right into my hands, even though the bike has a reynolds 520 steel frame. I tried to find a carbon fiber fork to reduce this buzz, but I couldn't find one with the same exact specs of my stock fork. Then I found these FSA Gravity Carbon handlebars on Ebay. They are extremely light, although I am not a racer and thus, don't care about how light they are. They are a riser bar and look very, very cool. But, better than that, they virtually eliminate all the road buzz I was feeling. This was a great upgrade for my bike.

Favorite Trail:   Loveland Bike Trail

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Just the stock aluminum bars that came with the bike.

Bike Setup:   2003 Jamis Coda Comp

Submitted by strever a Weekend Warrior from Tustin, Mi,

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2010

Strengths:    Light, strong

Weaknesses:    Price. Thats why I purchased mine used.

Bottom Line:
I love this bar. Light yet strong feeling. Not too flashy. Comes wide and can be trimmed to fit. I like a stronger bar as I am hard on my bikes.

Everyone should own one

Purchased At:   Ebay (used)

Similar Products Used:   Aluminum bars that came factory on my several Specialized bikes.

Bike Setup:   Specialized XC FSR

Submitted by Ben1 a Weekend Warrior from Devon

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2009

Strengths:    Strength, weight (or lack of), shape, amazing vibration damping

Weaknesses:    Full RRP is a bit steep

Bottom Line:
Absolutely blown away by these. Came across a pair for a bargain so thought I'd give carbon bars a try. Shape is comfy and a reasonable width, they feel stiff and secure and have really improved the feel of the front of the bike.
The carbon has a very noticeable dampening effect on general vibrations (as noticeable as, say, switching between an Alu frame and a steel or Ti one). This takes a bit of getting used to, but after a couple of rides it's actualy really quite nice, you still get adequate feedback from the trail but your wrists get a slightly easier time of things. Wouldn't hesitate to recomend these, I doubt I will ever go back to an Alu bar now.

Favorite Trail:   Lots

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Quite a lot of different bars now, tend to keep changing them until I find the right one, or some little scrote steals them...

Bike Setup:   Evil DOC, Pikes, Hope Tech M4s, etc

Submitted by BB a Downhiller from North Vancouver

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2009

Strengths:    light, strong, good width, good shape

Weaknesses:    expensive

Bottom Line:
I've used these bars on an all-mtn bike, a DH bike, and a freeride bike without any problems. I weigh 200 or so, and ride mainly rough DH trails and bike parks, with a few drops thrown in the mix. Nothing huge, occasional crashes. These bars haven't broken so they work for me.

If you're hard on equipment, really heavy, crash-prone, or poor, maybe these aren't for you.