Easton EC70 XC Riser Handlebar

Easton EC70 XC Riser Handlebar: The gold standard for durability and ride feel, the EC70 has been totally redesigned for 2011. Coming in at a full 30mm wider than the previous version and, thanks to a new shape and revised TaperWall butting

Submitted by xrodie a Racer

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2012

Strengths:    Very light, even lighter after I cut them down to 61cm

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
I didn't notice any significant difference in vibration dampening, but didn't buy them for that. I bought them because they are super light and have a good rep for being strong.

Frankly on a dual suspension bike I think anyone would be hard pressed to truly feel the difference. My suspension is smooth and my tires are around 20 psi so not much vibration is getting to the bars to begin with.

Favorite Trail:   Falcon Trails

Purchased At:   Woodcock Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Many different brands of lightweight and medium weight alloy bars.

Bike Setup:   Giant Anthem X 29'er. Giant carbon post, Easton EC70 XC riser, Rocket Ron (Stans).

Submitted by pineapple sherpa a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2012

Strengths:    Wide
Great vibration dampaning

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Niner alloy flat bar came stock on my Niner E.M.D. Flat bar dropped me too low and hurt my back. I have always wanted to try a carbon bar and needed a riser. I know that Easton products have always been top of the control products. Along with bring me up to at more comfortable riding position I am floored of the amount of small bump dampaning. With all of the small rocks I come into contact here in Colorado it has let me ride without a death grip on the handlebars. The deals are out there so start surfing for the best price!

Favorite Trail:   Centennial Cone

Purchased At:   Wheel World

Similar Products Used:   Specialed enduro low riser
Niner alloy flat bar

Bike Setup:   Niner E.M.D

Submitted by Yeti575er a Cross Country Rider from Cambridge, MA

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2011

Strengths:    Weight. Vibration dampening. Blingy.

Weaknesses:    Cost

Bottom Line:
So these are the first carbon bars I have ever used. To be honest, I really bought them for the cool factor (very un-cool, I know). However, after many rides, these bars are incredibly awesome. I really noticed a difference after a weekend of 30+ miles of single track. The first day was 15+ and usually my hands would be sore and forearms tired. With the vibration dampening from these bars, I had none of that. I especially noticed the following day when I rode again. I was completely surprised by the small bump dampening. You don't feel the need to death grip the bars. That expensive suspension can do it's thing.

Only downside is cost. $100 on handlebars is totally ridiculous, but I would do it again in a minute. Only had for a few months, though, so I hope they hold up.

They are a bit wide as well. This whole, 'wider is better' trend is a bit overboard. I don't know about you, but there are trees where I mountain bike. I might cut them down a bit but I am still undecided.

Biggest single improvement of any component upgrade I have experienced yet. If you like to go fast over rough roots and rocks, these are a must.

Favorite Trail:   Vietnam

Purchased At:   Tree Fort BIkes

Similar Products Used:   None. First carbon bars. Lots of other aluminum.

Bike Setup:   Yeti 575. Chris Kings laced to Mavic 819s. Thompson stem and seatpost. Maxis Highrollers. WTB Saddle. Total awesomeness.

XC Riser Bars : RaceFace Next vs Easton EC70

Both have great reviews on this site. Very similar in terms of price. RaceFace appears 20g(ish) heavier than the Easton. I already have a RF Next seatpost which I think is great and wouldnt mind matching the Next bar with it as it will all look good, but should I go for the EC70 for the sl ... Read More »

Easton EC70 MonkeyLite XC riser bar - $40

For anyone looking for some solid carbon riser bars to play with, here's one to check out. The 3/4" rise version is on sale at Colorado Cyclist, going for $40. The 1-1/2" rise version at JensonUSA has been pricematched to the same amount (down from $60). This is the lowest price I have ever see ... Read More »