Deity 25.4 Twenty14 Handlebar

• Material 2014 T6 Aluminum

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by XSL_WiLL a Weekend Warrior from Naperville, IL, USA

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2009

Strengths:    Light, strong, great feel, awesome customer service

Weaknesses:    Paint is a bit flimsy

Bottom Line:
    Well. A few years ago, I had jumped on the narrow handlebar bandwagon. Now... it's all about the wide bars. To be honest, narrow bars never really did it for me, but **** it was cool.

The Deity bars come around 28 inches wide. That's plenty. I rode it like that for a while, but kept banging my knees trying to do barspins, so I took them down to about 27 inches. At the width, they were BARELY any heavier than Answer Protapers at full length.

The one thing that I noticed immediately is the shape of the bars. It just felt right. Everything from the rise to the sweep was perfect.

I originally had 31.8 bars. These were way too rigid for my tastes. And I had some paint chipping by the controls. No big deal. I had mentioned it in the forum posts. And Eric from over at Deity sent me an email! He offered to exchange my bars for new ones and he offered to let me have 25.4 bars as well. Wow. That's phenomenal, especially since I bought the bars from one of Deity's sponsored riders.

Contrary to belief, Deity parts are not simply ordered out of a catalog and sprayed white.

They are well thought out, well made, and fairly priced.