Crank Brothers Iodine 11 Riser Handlebar

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Light weight, high modulus carbon riser bar weight: 178g material: high modulus carbon rise: 30mm width: 680mm up sweep: 5º back sweep: 6º bar clamp: 31.8mm color: carbon

Crank Brothers Iodine 11 Riser Handlebar Pro Review

The iodine 11 handlebars are made with high modulus uni-directional carbon fiber, have a 30mm rise, 31.8mm clamping diameter and 5° upward sweep. It comes in several width options, a 680mm with a 6° back sweep, and 700mm, 740mm and 780mm with 9° back sweep. They come in carbon black, weigh in at 178 grams (700mm), and retail for $120. The stem clamp section has a functional grip tape strip for anti-slippage, and markings for cuttings and component angling. Continue reading →

Submitted by TimT a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2012

Strengths:    Light and fit my hands and wrist.

Weaknesses:    None that I can think of

Bottom Line:
I had a set of Salsa bars on the bike. The bend (think it was 11 deg) put my wrists in a weird angle and it hurt after a while. Looked for a bar with less angle and notice some of my bros were using Crank Brothers bars so I figured I'd try them out. They seemed to have the bend I was looking for and I wanted carbon. Good quality bar and fit and finish are excellent. I've put about 100 miles on them and really like them.

Favorite Trail:   Clear Springs

Purchased At:   QBP

Similar Products Used:   Many differant bars over the years. Mostly aluminum.

Bike Setup:   hard tail with a Speed Hub , 29er

Submitted by MTB Pilot a Weekend Warrior from Scottsdale, AZ

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2011

Strengths:    Light strong and great looking.

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
I bought the 740mm 9 degree sweep. They are very stiff, great looking and super light at 160 grams! They have a 2 year warranty and Crankbrothers has always back their products when I've had any problems, which hasn't been many. If you want wide carbon bars that are light enough for XC and strong enough for everything else, these are for you. What more can you say?

Favorite Trail:   National, The Whole Enchilada

Purchased At:   From Cane Creek

Bike Setup:   '10 Remedy 9.9

Submitted by GIJosh84 a Weekend Warrior from Medina, Ohio

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2011

Strengths:    Great looking, light, strong.

Weaknesses:    Crankbro's own grip's (Cobalt) end caps had to be modified to fit onto these bars.

Bottom Line:
These bars look and work sweet. I did not get a chance to scale these before I installed them, but they are advertised as 178G. If you are curious, the stock alloy bars off of my 11 Giant Revel 0 scaled in at 373g.

The 30mm rise was nice, but what really blew me away was the backsweep. On a steep decline, this helped me feel as if I had allot more control and leverage over bump steer.

These bars are also strong. Being my first carbon set, I was hesitant after reading reviews of other carbon products, people where saying carbon is brittle and will snap easily.

I'm new to clipless pedals and just down right new to riding, and I can attest, these bars have survived some pretty gnarly crashes..

Favorite Trail:   Reagan