Control Tech ATB-202 Carbon Handlebar

Sweep: 6 or 9 Degree
Aluminum Reinforcement End Plugs

Submitted by Joe a Cross Country Rider from Placentia, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2005

Strengths:    Great finish, light, strong, good value

Bottom Line:
I am surprised no-one else has reviewed this bar. I have been using it since the beginning of September on my rigid single speed and have had no issues whatsoever. This bar is stiff, ergonomically correct and looks great. I would image the beating its take on a rigid bike is more harsh than if it were on a suspended bike. In that spirit, I am going to purchase one for my Superlight with 100mm Minute 2. Control Tech also has a scandium flat bar on their site I may try on my geared hardtail.

I recommend this for cross-country use, although it seems to be even more versatile

Purchased At:   Direct from Linear Components

Similar Products Used:   See my previous post

Bike Setup:   Same as my previous post

Submitted by Joe a Cross Country Rider from Placentia, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2004

Strengths:    Stiff, looks great, aluminum end inserts, inexpensive

Bottom Line:
I am using this bar on a single speed with a rigid fork. The bar is very stiff, at least as stiff as my Monkey Lite. It is taking a beating, albeit for only a few rides so far, as this bar is new. Adding to my (and the bar's) beating is the smallish 2.1 tire I am using until I put on 2.4 Mutano Raptors.
This bar does not flex when I am pulling on a climb or on a rough descent. I don't run bar ends, but the alunimum insertes are still welcome for protecting the bar in crashes I suppose. The finish is perfect on this great looking bar.
Oh, I don't pay much attention to weight, but it sure feels light, especially for a bar that feels this solid.
Lastly, the rise and sweep are just right. This bar really is an install it and forget it item which I recommend to SS and cross country riders.
I will post a follow-up later to discuss durability.

Favorite Trail:   depends on my mood

Purchased At:   Directly from Linear Components