Bontrager Rhythm Elite Riser Handlebar

• Quad-butted tapered wall 7050-T6 alloy construction
  • Wide center section for increased stiffness
  • Laser-etched brake lever position lines for spot-on control setup
  • 40mm of cut marks on each side for easy width customization

Submitted by rufio a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2013

Strengths:    Stiff handlebar with no flex when riding downhill or gripping and ripping up the climbs. Great geometry for my trail bike and single speed. Neutral graphics and color look good on my bikes. Aluminum.

Weaknesses:    Weakness? None really unless you are a gram counter.

Bottom Line:
Long story short I could not get comfortable on my bike, I thought I plopped down a huge chunk of lunch money on a new trail bike that fit like crap. I was wrong. I worked with a fit guru out here in Northern Virginia and he recommended I get a wider bar with a higher rise. because my body is too wide for the stock bar. I ordered this one from my dealer because they did the fit, sold me my bike and provide great service. Very happy with this product. The fit for me is spot on. The handlebar is very stiff and it gives me a ton of confidence on technical trails. I used to see a handlebar as just another area on the bike for shaving weight. By making this upgrade on my bike I see it more as an integral point where perfect fit and strength can dramatically change the riding experience.

Liked it so much I bought a second for my single speed.