Azonic World Force Riser Bar Handlebar

4.62/5 (29 Reviews)

The World Force Riser bar is a strong and durable barThat is marked for easy cutting and a polished grip areaThat helpsTo keep your grips in place. Double-Butted 2014-T6 aluminum 31.8 clamp size Bead blasted finish for added strength 762mm (30”) Width for ultimate control Marked for custom cut length 3x9 Degree sweep Polished grip area for better grip adhesion Center stem spacing: 90mm Published Weight: Black- 310g , White- 320g

Submitted by Jeremy a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2007

Strengths:    Nice rise, nice sweep, nice looks, strong as hell and light as a feather

Weaknesses:    umm...some idiot will find a way to break them?

Bottom Line:
Yes, you will break these bars if you are a moron and/or use them as a breaker bar for your Kenworth wheel nuts. In that case, you should stick to rollerblading

I've heard from many folk that these are one of the strongest bars out there. They are machined from a solid block of alloy, so you couldn't really get any stronger before going to motocross bars. They own! If i could give 10 chillis I would. Do yourself a favour, throw your easton or truvativ in the bin and buy these!

Favorite Trail:   all of them

Purchased At:   shop

Similar Products Used:   rubbish no name brand, various easton and truvativ

Bike Setup:   ironhorse imbred

Submitted by Kevin a Downhiller from Rockland County, NY

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2007

Strengths:    very strong, lightweight, attractive colors, nice finish

Weaknesses:    nothing really

Bottom Line:
The bar was a great price so I bought it even though I didn't need it, It is still an awesome bar

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Answer Pro Taper Riser Handlebar

Bike Setup:   2005 IH Yakuza Bakuto

Submitted by Aaron a Weekend Warrior from Needham, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2007

Strengths:    Unbreakable, Easton like weight ratio, Azonic like strength. 265 Grams for downhill apecific bars made of aluminum is quite astonishing considering the carbon Monkeylight is only 21 grams lighter

Weaknesses:    Finish scratches and wears easily most noticeable underneath grips and clamp mounts

Bottom Line:
Cheap as hell depending on where you buy it, Encourages transferring weight and really getting into a turn when needed, IT WILL NOT FLEX OR BREAK. Still not the lightest strongest bar on the market but one hell of a deal-maker considering its price to performance. Im still waiting for handlebars for an all-mountain specific use. All thats on the market is super nimble xc superlight bars or heavy duty downhill bars that a gorilla couldn't bend.

Favorite Trail:   All of them!

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Crow Bar, Bontrager Big Earl, Easton Monkeylight DH

Bike Setup:   Intense 5.5, All XTR, Fox 32 RLC, Mavi Crossmax SL, Chris King, Thomson Etc...

Submitted by sempai a Cross Country Rider from Mobile, AL, USA

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2006

Strengths:    -light
-tough
-excellent dampening

Weaknesses:    -doesn't come in smaller XC lengths (or at least not where I looked and at the price I wanted)

Bottom Line:
I had to cut this 2' riser bar to 24.5' length because the free-ride 27-28' it comes in is absurdly wide for XC use.

The reinforced design and light weight makes it great for use on the trail, even if it's more developed for free ride. I have planted the bike from some serious jumps and I haven't noticed any flex. Vibration is down substantially and there is little to no jarring on sidewalks.

For thirty bucks this is a great upgrade from the 'alloy' handlebars that came with the bike. The 2' rise is a perfect complement to the 6 degree stem.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Bike Setup:   Very non-OEM Rockhopper

Submitted by Dan a Weekend Warrior from Waterloo, Ontario

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2005

Strengths:    - Not stupidly heavy
- Looks nice
- Strong

Weaknesses:    - Minimal flex

Bottom Line:
I've rode this bar for the past couple months and so far it's been great. It's relatively light compared to other bars out there and it flexes very minimally. It also looks nice and I got it for a good price at pricepoint.com.

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mtn Switch

Submitted by Romie a Downhiller from LA, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2005

Strengths:    Light and VERY STRONG!!! I just read the review below from "Bender" and if that's REALLY him.. that says a lot!

Weaknesses:    A bit too narrow for my taste, now, since I do more freeriding, but VERY STRONG!!!!!

Bottom Line:
The bars came on my '99 LTS1000, which was my first mtn bike ever. I started out riding XC, then found myself braking parts ( I'm 6'4" @ 220lbs ), so I gradually started upgrading all parts to suite my new found freeriding preference. Since then I have broken EVERYTHING.. even the frame!! Swapped all parts over the my new Yeti ASX and the only thing left from the LTS are the bars!!! I think that says a lot!! I hit fairly large jumps, 15' gaps and 8' drops.... not always smooth, either.

Favorite Trail:   Whoops!!!

Purchased At:   On First bike, now on second bike!!

Similar Products Used:   ?

Bike Setup:   '04 Yeti ASX, Jr T, Mag 30's, Race Face cranks

Submitted by dan a Downhiller from West Linn

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2004

Strengths:    stiff,lasted a year

Weaknesses:    snapped on me with no warning, beware, look for cracks often

Bottom Line:
worked flawlessly for a year, snapped when I lifted up off a log ride. would have been missing teeth if it had happened two minutes earlier. scared the piss out of me. Ride them at your own risk, or replace after 6 months. I'll never buy azonic iron again.

Favorite Trail:   Falls City

Purchased At:   jons bike shop

Similar Products Used:   titec hell bent(bent them all right)

Bike Setup:   2002 kona chute, monster T, D321 hoops

Submitted by Leonard a Weekend Warrior from Wahiawa,Hawaii

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2003

Strengths:    Good rise and angle. Strong,do not flex.

Weaknesses:    None yet, had only one test ride.

Bottom Line:
Christmas present to myself! Couldn't be more happy. Had a 3 hour test ride on the 26th and could feel the difference and the benefits immediately. These riser bars make my bike fit me better and ride much better. Wheelies are easier and this big clydesdale is cruising the Koolau's with a big smile now! Can't wait for the next ride. Anybody should buy these bars if you want to make your bike more comfortable and enjoyable to ride. Aloha kakou.

Purchased At:   Jenson's

Similar Products Used:   N/A

Bike Setup:   Stock DS2/20 1/2 in.frame with Profile Boa stem. Bars cut to 25 1/2 in. mark.

Submitted by josh bender a Downhiller from U.S

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2003

Strengths:    -extremly strong
-dont't flex
-strongest bars tried

Bottom Line:
top bar best on da market i couldnt find a better bar suited to my extreme style of riding. Handled all the drops without any flex or bending. other bars i tested e.g answer pro taper and kona dh were far inferior in quality , strenght and looks i would not recommend the other two bars to anyone doing any thing other than cruising to the corner store without any curb drops.

Favorite Trail:   scary drop

Purchased At:   sponsors

Similar Products Used:   answer protaper and they bent as quick as the kona dh i had fitted

Bike Setup:   11" carpel

Submitted by Jester a Cross Country Rider from HI, USA

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2003

Strengths:    Does not flex, strong, perfect length, height, and sweep for me, nice laser etched graphics, simple - yet sporty look.

Weaknesses:    black finish seems to scratch easy, and grips seem to slide easy. Its a little heavier than my flatbar, but worth every extra gram!! :-)

Bottom Line:
BIG improvement from my stock flatbar, which gave me a lot of wrist pain and I felt too hunched over for comfort. Azonic riser bar has taken care of all the problems. The 1.5 height gives me a comfortable posture and I've improved my performance because I no longer get wrist/hand pain. People say the flatbar is easier to climb with, but I find myself having an easier time with the azonic riser.

The longer width (26") felt a little odd at first. You need to watch those tight spaces. I put good n evil grips on, they slide some, but it could just be the grips. I love em, and they feel great with this bar.

flatbar vs riser is rider preferance, but if you're in the market for a good riser that won't drain the pocketbook - try out the azonic worldforce bars. Also, if you have a weak wrist, you might want to consider a riser with a good pair of (thicker) grips - it made a big difference for me!

Purchased At:   videos@isomedia.com

Similar Products Used:   specialized xc flatbar w/ THIN durango crap grips

Bike Setup:   03 m4 stumpjumper comp, xt/xtr components, avid ti brakes, raceface good/evil grips, azonic worldforce 1.5 riser.

Submitted by Paladin a Cross Country Rider from Boise, ID

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2003

Strengths:    It is strong, perfect shape and size for my application on a fully rigid singlespeed used in xc riding and racing. Great control, proper rise and sweep for me.

Weaknesses:    You gotta be kidding. Oh, yeah, it's hard to get grips to hold tight on the anodized aluminum.

Bottom Line:
I love it. It's strong, light, perfectly sized and designed for my application. I really reef on it climbing, and it never torques or twists. And it was cheap and looks cool, too. I'm 185lbs and have dropped the fully rigid bike onto rock at more than three feet and no problems. I like the control I get from this bar considering that I gave up suspension and gears on this rig.

Favorite Trail:   the next one I ride

Purchased At:   ebay from videos@isomedia.com

Similar Products Used:   Race Face, Titec, Easton

Bike Setup:   Resurrected Bridgestone MB-4 made into a singlespeed with Avid mag brakes & levers, mavic 517's, Paul rear hub, IRC Mythos tires, yadda yadda yadda.

Submitted by john miller a Downhiller from pacific gorove, ca, us

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2002

Strengths:    doesnt flex, looks cool, has full warenty

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
good all around bar

Favorite Trail:   tunnel of jumps

Purchased At:   pricepiont

Similar Products Used:   titec hellbent, specialized riser, answer taper wall.

Bike Setup:   freeride 2002 enduro, psylo XC, yata yata...

Submitted by Trials Rider from Manchester

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2002

Strengths:    not bad at first, nice n chunky, looks

Weaknesses:    no good for trials!!! they snap very easily.

Bottom Line:
not a bad bar for most people but balls to a 5 year garentee. they are naff for trials and i wouldnt dream of tryin downhilkin on then PDW's for me, and now dark angels on my trials.

Favorite Trail:   any wall

Purchased At:   leisure lakes

Similar Products Used:   standard cack, club roost

Bike Setup:   (which one) 14" frame, 521's, trials basically, bout £650

Submitted by Geoff from Sask

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2002

Strengths:    No flex, nice and wide, cut to where you want, excellent sweep, not too heavy considering the stiffness, appears to be a durable finish

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Great bar at an even greater price. To me and my 220 lbs, this bar feels stouter than the Pro Taper, and it should be, it's a tad heavier. But, in this case with my weight the heavier part gives me a better sense of security with the no flex. The finish appears to be really good, sweep is very comfy, and the width is pretty good, good enough that if a guy wants a shorter bar he can cut it down which I haven't had to yet. Overall, one of the great no frills products out there at a great price. I would easily buy this bar again