Answer Taperlite Handlebar

Answer Taperlite

Submitted by CHRISTIAN LIE a downhiller from NORWAY

Date Reviewed: January 11, 1999

Bottom Line:

I`VE TRIED THESE BARS A FEW TIMES, AND I WILL BUY IN THA NEAREST TIME. I LOVE THEIR PERFORMANCE, THEIR LOOK , THEIR WEIGHT, AND OVER ALL THEIR STRENGTH... AND AT LAST THEY`RE EXTREMELY STIFF, THEY HAVE NO FLEX AT ALL. OOHHHHH YEAH!!

Submitted by Kristmundur Guðleifsson a cross-country rider from Iceland

Date Reviewed: December 30, 1998

Bottom Line:

This is by far the best bar I've used. Sure, at 210 grams it's not very light,
but anybody who's willing to sacrifice strength and reliability in a handlebar
to save a few measly grams has their priorities seriously misplaced. I replaced
my Taperlite a few years back with a 140 gram Bontager/Titec bar which bent after about a couple years of regular use ( which some people might justify by
saying that a light, cheap aluminum bar should only be expected to last one season ). So I went back to my trusty old Taperlite and won't be replacing it anytime soon - the durability and peace of mind it offers is well worth the extra 70 grams in my opinion. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I got it for about 20 bucks - what a buy! The only problem I've had is that my barends have crushed the ends a bit but that was easily fixed with a couple of beercan
shims. Five red hot chili peppers.

Submitted by capn crunch a weekend warrior from Texas

Date Reviewed: July 10, 1998

Bottom Line:

This is a good bar. I have had one for four years and been through crashes that broke forks, steerers, etc., but this bar never bent. The extra width is nice. It is light weight, but not super lite, and it is only about $20. Good, durable procuct. 48 49 50

Submitted by dude a weekend warrior from england

Date Reviewed: June 7, 1998

Bottom Line:

it is radical dude. it is light, megerly strong and it is the coolest looking handelbar on the face of the earth. all i really wanted to say was the first sentance but the stupid thing said that i had to put more so telling you this should have taken up most of the words needed.

Submitted by Gomer a cross-country rider from Canada

Date Reviewed: January 7, 1998

Bottom Line:

his thing is primo. it droped over 100 gms off my old handlebar (generic made by rocky mountain)
and if you cut it down to an acceptable length about an inch and a half off (like i did) the weight is
about 185 gms or so maybe even lighter. it only cost about 40 to 50 dollars up here in good old
Canada. about 27 in america. it has a supa-fly colour too, kinda gold. and its
made by the same company as the hyperlite which paola uses, so you know you can trust it!
4.5 or 5