Answer Hyperlite Carbon Handlebar

• Moto-inspired permanent graphics

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Patrick a Racer from Atlanta

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2005

Strengths:    Looks, price, weight

Weaknesses:    ...nope

Bottom Line:
    The value is outstanding! Theyre nicer than the easton ec90 and that bar is 100 bucks! I sawed off 1.25 inches on each end so my total length is 20.5 (makes for more agile handling) this bar is awesome. No problems with my ergon mp1 grip clamps, either... no complaints, I love answerproducts

Favorite Trail:   1996 Olympic Trail

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   easton ec70

Bike Setup:   trek9800 oclv XTR everything. mavic xc717 ceramic rims on xtr ti hubs.

Submitted by TM a Weekend Warrior from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2003

Strengths:    -Very Stiff feel
    -Absorption qualities
    -Hot Looks
    -Great Value
    -Good weight loss

Bottom Line:
    WOW!
    Fantastically light, looks fantastic and feels even better. Over rough stuff I find the handle bars absorb some of the vibrations etc. There is less stress feeling in my hands/arms post ride thanks to the bars.

They are darn stiff indeed, feel stiffer than my Titec Hellbents anyday! Light weight is great too!

Bike Setup:   Giant NRS, XTR everything (Deore shifters tho), Stans No Tubes, 959 Pedals the usual works. Any Hutchinson Tyres

Submitted by Saby R a Weekend Warrior from Halifax

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2002

Strengths:    Very stiff, great looking, very light

Weaknesses:    the desing is a bit disco, could be improved (not as good looking as Easton)

Bottom Line:
    I bought this handle bar as a replacement for a faulty Profile. This bar is light and could easly be considered the best flat carbon bar out there. The only bar that I would change this one with is a Easton Monkey Lite (carbon) Riser but my stem (old classic Syncros) will not let me do that... Bottom line I have absolutely no complains with this product.

Similar Products Used:   Very desapointing Profile Fiber XC

Bike Setup:   Only the best...

Submitted by tankhead10 a Cross Country Rider from EHT NJ USA

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2002

Strengths:    Sweet looks, weighs the same as Easton EA70 carbon, less expensive for me match price with Performance. Strong, stiff and did I say sweet looking.

Weaknesses:    The scary warning on the bars (everywhere) about not overtightening and no using bar ends. I don't use them anyway.

Bottom Line:
    I got a great deal and I needed another bar. I am glad I puurchased the product and it matches the FSA stem to a "T"

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Easton CT2, IRD shotblast.

Bike Setup:   Airbonrne Lucky Strike, Manitou Black Elite Air w/lockout, King hubs and headset, FSA carbon pro crankset, Ultimate Extreme ti ISIS bottom bracket, and stem, WTB Rocket, , Stealth saddle, Avid mag, Egg Beaters, Hutchinson Python Air Light w/Stan's, Paul Love Levers, Salsa Shaft seatpost, SRAM 9.0 halfpipe shifters and rear der.

barends on answer hyperlite carbon flatbars ?

As the title sais, i want to run a pair of titec Carbon 100 barends on my Answer hyperlite carbon handlebars. Is this ok ? I know other manufacturers warn of using bar ends and carbon bars etc... but is it ok to use them ? and does answer/manitou ok this ? Cheers, -Cab-Read More »