Answer 780 DH Handlebar

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

The ProTaper 780 DH is everything a downhill bar needsTo be - strong, wide and low. It features ProTaperTechnologyTo put added strength inThe clamp and rise sections without adding excess weight atThe ends ofThe bar. ProTaper patentedTechnology 780mm wide.

Submitted by Wayne

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2013

Strengths:    This bar is stiff.Answer nailed the angles. it is wide when you get it out of the box, but you can cut it down if you do not like a wide bar.

Bottom Line:
Motocross riders have been riding with a wide bar forever. It works! Try it for a few weeks and you will find stability. It is tight on switchbacks, but it just takes a few rides to know how to handle it. Great bar. Best I have ever used.

Submitted by Kuba

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2012

Strengths:    strong, yet still quite light
durable
colour finish

Bottom Line:
After I bent my Fatboys quite easily I was looking for some sturdy ones. These handlebars are bombproof, has awesome colour finish and geometry suits me perfectly.

Submitted by jonshonda

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2012

Strengths:    Strong build, great finish quality and durability.

Bottom Line:
Bought this handlebar based on numerous reviews that loved its sweep and rise. I find it perfect, and have enjoyed it ever since I through it on. The finish seems to not scratch easily, and has survived multiple brake, shifter adjustments w/o any sign of wear.

Submitted by charvey9 a Weekend Warrior from Beaverton, OR

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2010

Strengths:    Low, Wide, Strong, Style.

Bottom Line:
This is a great price on a top of the line DH bar. At a length of 780mm out of the box, this bar allows the ability to try a really wide-low setup and then dial in the width after a few rides. I wasn't sure how wide I wanted to go, and ended up cutting down to 740mm until I found the right comfort for my size and riding style. However, it was educational to try out a 780mm width (about 31") to know for sure what I like to ride. Essentially the same as the Pro Taper AM bar in design, I went with the DH version because of the color selection. The all gold bar matches my Answer stem and grips. The bar performs, I've used it for AM/DH riding on intermediate jumps and drops with no problems. So far I am impressed with the full line of Answer products, and run the stem, grips, and pedals on my bike as well. I suppose it is on par with the higher end Easton bars at about 2/3 the price.

Favorite Trail:   Black Rock