Home | Reviews | Grip | WTB

WTB WeirWolf Grip

The WeirWolf grip features an identical design asThe popular and aggressive WeirWolftireTread,These grips are perfect for fast-paced, all-mountainriding.These dual compound grips come inThree colors andThe ends areclosed for added durability. Specifications

Submitted by ATXZJ

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2012

Strengths:    Look nice, fit well and are fairly comfortable with gloves.

Weaknesses:    Transfers shock and can cause fatigue over longer rides.

Bottom Line:
Upon initial touch these feel comfortable and seem like they'd work well. They however are not as cushioned as they appear and can get a little rough without gloves. With gloves they are about the same as my OEM lizard skins. Probably wouldn't buy again but for $8.00. I'm not going to complain too much.

Submitted by spskark7 a Downhiller from greece athens

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2009

Strengths:    strong , nice looking , cheap , Easy on the hands ,Multiple hand positions

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
if you like a cheap grips than can do from xc to downhilling
then dont thing twice buy the wtb weirwolf!

Favorite Trail:   imitos 5

Purchased At:   chain reaction cycle

Similar Products Used:   lot's of similar productes but this 1 is he best for the price

Bike Setup:   giant brass 2 with LOTS of upgreads

Submitted by Joel. a Cross Country Rider from Australia

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2009

Strengths:    Look good. Feel Good when not riding.

Weaknesses:    Feel terrible when riding, Slippery with gloves on or off, Hard to hang on hands were aching after one hour.

Bottom Line:
I wouldn't buy these grips. They may look good and feel good but they are not when you are riding. Stay away.

Purchased At:   Came on the bike

Similar Products Used:   Ourys lots of others

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Prophet

Submitted by MrOneEyedBoh a Weekend Warrior from baltimore,md

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2007

Strengths:    Seems to none that i seen.

Weaknesses:    Seems as if they build callous' fast and wear fast towards the end of their life. When you get them they dont wear much, but once that cherry is broken then go downhill. They also arent that soft.

Bottom Line:
I wouldnt buy these, if they can stock use them until they are spent. Other then that, negative on these grips.

Submitted by Max a Downhiller from Vashon, Wa, USA

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2006

Strengths:    great grip without gloves on. the end plugs survived all my crashes. haven't come loose yet.

Weaknesses:    a few months a ago I bought some gloves and the grips are widening the holes in the palms of my gloves if it wasn't for this I would keep using these grips.

Bottom Line:
if you don't use gloves i'd buy um. the grip is great in all conditions, though people with soft hands might not likem (you build up calluloses quick).

Favorite Trail:   K2 trails