Home | Reviews | Grip | Titec

Weight : 22 grams MSRP : $8.00

Material: Ultra Light High Density Foam

Submitted by DianeWong a Cross Country Rider from Poway,CA, USA

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2010

Strengths:    light,comfortable,inexpensive

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
I find them comfortable for my average sized hands.

Favorite Trail:   all

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   ODI and Oury lock ons

Bike Setup:   '09 Titus FTM set up as a 26lb. trail bike

Submitted by munchi a Weekend Warrior from rock hill, sc, us

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2009

Strengths:    awesome fit on my hands, and on the bar! does not slip even when wet!

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
these are some of the lightest grips i have ever used and they fit better than any grip i have tried. very comfortable to hold onto even when they get wet. if you are looking to lighten the bar on your bike and have a nice looking as well as performing grip... this is it!

Favorite Trail:   ann springs greenway

Similar Products Used:   wtb grips

Bike Setup:   2007 xam 2.0 jamis dual suspension mtb

Submitted by appgap a Weekend Warrior from Green Mtn State

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2008

Strengths:    SUPER light, comfy and cheap.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Cheap, super light. Hard to go wrong. Lose 60 grams off the bike for a few bucks.

Favorite Trail:   my woods

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   WTB grips

Bike Setup:   Motobecane fantom trail

Submitted by Rick a Cross Country Rider from Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2008

Strengths:    These grips are light weight, last a long time, fit my medium-sized hand, and they are inexpensive.

Weaknesses:    Must cut grips on long axis to remove (Be careful not to score the handlebar!); however, grips are can be reglued along cut using contact cement (a surprise); then reinstall. No other weaknesses observed.

Bottom Line:
I bought two pairs in 1996, one as back-up. I have not worn out the first pair yet, and I ride regularly. I wish every product worked as well as these grips.

Favorite Trail:   Palmer Park

Purchased At:   Criterium (LBS)

Similar Products Used:   Various Kraton compound grips (too slimey-feeliing for me).

Bike Setup:   Specialized Epic, Easton Monkeylite bar, Specialized Cross-country full-finger gloves.

Submitted by Scooch a Cross Country Rider from Ktown, TN, USA

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2008

Strengths:    Price, Weight (18 grams w/out end caps), Good size

Weaknesses:    Absolutely no vibration dampening! Slippery when wet. impossible to remove for bar swapping without cutting off.

Bottom Line:
If you are a weight weenie, get them as they were only 18 grams. But thats it. I felt road buzz and everyone crack, stone, stick, etc. that is normally soaked up from every other grip. Carbon bars may help dampen vibrations. Switched to ESI's Chunky... simply awesome.

Favorite Trail:   Haw Ridge

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   Oury, ESI, Specialized Durangos

Bike Setup:   '02 Stumpy w/ V's, 80mm Duke, XT and XTR mix

Submitted by Alistair King a Weekend Warrior from Cambridge, England

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2005

Strengths:    Light, seem to be quite hard wearing and comfortable for someone like me with small hands.

Weaknesses:    Get very slippery in the rain if you're not wearing gloves.

Bottom Line:
These are nice and comfortable but if you're going out in the rain make sure you've got your gloves on!

Purchased At:   wiggle.co.uk

Similar Products Used:   GT, Yeti

Bike Setup:   96 GT Pantera

Submitted by David a Cross Country Rider from Salt Lake City Utah

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2004

Strengths:    Light, inexpensive straight forward. Nothing better for someone with small hands.

Weaknesses:    Not good with larger hands, felt very sore and made the ride way not worth the weight savings. I'm use to Oury grips.

Bottom Line:
IMHO, if your glove size is small go for it, Medium might work for you, Large no way, or XL you might was well forget it...

Saw a 5 rating on these and that is the case if you have smaller hands but as that is not advertised or stated on the package I can not give it 5 stars..

Gave mine to a friend he has no complaints... (Size Med gloves)

Purchased At:   Cambria

Similar Products Used:   Oury, Grab-on mountain tech 2

Bike Setup:   Xt on Fisher frame...

Submitted by Iain Rathie a Weekend Warrior from Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2004

Strengths:    Comfortable, not too thick, good grip, long lasting

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Great product. Did not buy them for the light weight - bought them because they came recommended as comfortable.

I have a small hand - these fit me perfectly. Diameter seems just a little less than other grips (maybe it's just a mind thing, i haven't measured them)

Recently did a two day epic - did not get any numbness in my hands.

Favorite Trail:   poo-shooter/4.5

Similar Products Used:   Race Face, lots of no name stuff

Bike Setup:   jekyll 800

Submitted by Klein Mantra a Cross Country Rider from miami florida

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2003

Strengths:    Light

Weaknesses:    Iunno yet

Bottom Line:
Great grips. Very comfy. Very light. I rode them hard the other day for 3 hrs with no gloves. My hands were fine. Only a slight pain between my left thumb and pointer. But I usually get my hands all sore and blistered. I rode them today, but not for long due to a bad crash that made me stop for the day. Tomorrow I will ride them again. The only weakness I can imagine si that they might tear. I love em. I payed $13.50. I couldnt put that in the thing, cause it was to the nearest dollar.

Favorite Trail:   you know the place, in albecurcy

Purchased At:   Cambria

Similar Products Used:   none. first foam grips

Bike Setup:   Stumpy comp fsr 2003 stock except these grips and a lizard skin so far.

Submitted by Lighter=Better a Cross Country Rider from Holland

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2003

Strengths:    Extremely low weight. Feel good on hands

Weaknesses:    Mine slipped a little on my carbon bar. May add glue or something to stop it.

Bottom Line:
Given the minor slipping issue with the Grips I will still rate them high. Something this low on weight, grip and feel this well should have a bad mark.

I dont think I would recommend them for bigger burly guys. You heavies out there may want to look elsewhere cause your hands may be to big and the feel might not be right.

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Specialized, Yeti Hardcore (Heavy)

Bike Setup:   Custom 2003 S-Works HT 20.5 lbs @ 19"

Submitted by bigcat a Weekend Warrior from Hawaii

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2002

Strengths:    super lightweight, high quality feel

Weaknesses:    can be hard to find.

Bottom Line:
Being a weight weenie, there was little difference among grip selection as far as weight goes. Only a few grams of savings here and there, but basically, nothing worth getting excited over. That was until I discovered these Pork Rinds from Titec. I quickly bought a pair and realized how great they are! Weighing in at only 16g a pair, including the end caps, it actually weighs LESS than the manufacturer's claims! It's made of high density foam which feels very good on your hands. I used to get blisters forming with my old grips as I refuse to ride with gloves. Not the case with the Pork Rinds -- my hands feel great even after hours of riding!