Specialized Enduro Grip Grip

3.38/5 (8 Reviews)

The Enduro Grip has a larger profile and softer density for cycling where vibration and shock absorption are key.

Submitted by zocc a Cross Country Rider from Skopje, Macedonia

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2011

Strengths:    Soft, nice grip, they look very good in white.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness is that they slide of a bit from the handlebar after long and bumpy rides.

Bottom Line:
They are nice grips but i would change them for lizard skins grips.

Favorite Trail:   offroad

Purchased At:   came on my bike

Bike Setup:   2010 custom Specialized P1 am

Submitted by crrimson a Cross Country Rider from cedar rapids, IA

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2010

Strengths:    The grips came with my '09 Rockhopper. They are grippy at first. They don't tear easily when you crash.

Weaknesses:    When you are riding in the heat, your hands will sweat and slide around on these. They slide around on the handlebars.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy these. If they come with your bike, use them until you wear the grip out then buy something better.

Favorite Trail:   Beverly

Similar Products Used:   ODI Rogue's

Bike Setup:   Specialized Stumpjumper Marathon 29er

Submitted by Felix van Oost a Downhiller from Hamburg, Germany

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2007

Strengths:    Comfort
Absorbtion
Grip

Bottom Line:
These grips are extremely comfortable for downhilling and XC. They are soft and grippy, and absorb impacts really well. They also suit my small hands very well (I'm nly 13 years old). My Enduro grips came with both my Specialized FSRxc Expert and Demo 8 bikes.

They are available in loads of different colours to suit your bike, and are cheap for he performance they give. These are definately my favourite grip!

Purchased At:   Came With Bike

Submitted by partar from the moon

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2007

Strengths:    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. none

Weaknesses:    painful mushy wears out in several weeks slide allover bars offer little grip after a coulple weeks other than that they are awesome

Bottom Line:
get rid of them and get ODI

Purchased At:   stock on bike

Similar Products Used:   odi ruffian, xtreme others

Bike Setup:   bighit 06

Submitted by Daniel A a Weekend Warrior from Kissimmee, Florida, USA

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2007

Strengths:    Strong, basic grip, good for your community ride.

Weaknesses:    It twists if I really go at it on a downhill or a trail. Not the softest ones.

Bottom Line:
These grips came with the bike and are fine if you ride around the neighborhood. I didn't drop $700 into a bike to do that though. I bought gloves with extra padding, but I finally realized i need new grips. These will go however on my sons BMX bike and are probably well suited there, or maybe my wifes bike who rides in the community with a more upright riding position.

All in all, they are average, I rode with worse. But considering that they would cost $10 new there are better and there are worse. I would not recommend these as an upgrade...

Favorite Trail:   Santos

Purchased At:   Came with the Bike

Bike Setup:   08 Rockhopper

Submitted by boberinoe from Boise

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2007

Strengths:    great grip, holds through mild jumps and moderate technical sections(meaning it doesn't move on the bar or in your hand), GREAT 4 XC

Weaknesses:    becomes slick after about 3 months of almost daily riding, not so great for un-gloved hands.

Bottom Line:
Good grip, has a low profile, stays put and does its job,
if you are looking for a good downhill grip this isn't it!BEST suited 4 XC

Submitted by Paul Dotsenko a Weekend Warrior from Mahopac, New York

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2007

Strengths:    Good shock absorption. Available in diffferent colors.

Weaknesses:    None I can think of.

Bottom Line:
I really like these grips. They are pretty soft with a lot of contact area - great grip and shock absorption. They aren't as soft as Oury or Race Face Good'n'Evil, but they last longer than RF and are lighter than the Ourys - if you're counting. They feel better than WTB Technicals. The 3 value rating is because my local shop raised the price on these, otherwise they cost as much as most other grips. You just can't find them cheaper online like other grips. I have the natural beige ones and will be buying another set for my XC race bike. These are my favorite grips so far. A choice of color is always great.

Favorite Trail:   909